• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This may have been covered elsewhere in this thread, but I couldn't find a post on point in my brief search.
Last year, I recall that BB had a "40% off on a certain category" type of sale for about a week in December. (I.e., one day 40% off sweaters, another day 40% off outerwear, etc.) Does anyone know when that sale will occur this year, or whether it will occur at all?

SA's did not know about last year's up until a week or so before it happened. If they do it again, I would suspect sometime in the Dec. 7-15 range.

TiberiasUSA

Reaction score
They do it every year

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea of the Boxing Day sale yet? I remember last year it was 40% off everything and an extra 20% off that. If it is as good as that this year I will be buying some stuff.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SA's did not know about last year's up until a week or so before it happened. If they do it again, I would suspect sometime in the Dec. 7-15 range.
December 3-7 - same as last year. 40% off specific categories of items (outerwear, sweaters, accessories, etc.) on a specific date. Contact your SA or Sleven for the details. If you do not have a regular SA, e-mail your orders to Sleven, who takes good care of the posters in this thread.

urfloormatt

Reaction score
Probably a great fit on this stuff, but my impression was the "Red Fleece" (that's not the real name, is it?) was trimmer and marketed towards a younger audience, but that most of it is made in China. When I've seen that stuff in person it looks to be of lower quality and I personally wouldn't buy it.

Haven't noticed it. Several of the shirts are oxford cloth and of excellent quality. In all, I'd say their Red Fleece line is noticeably higher quality than Banana Republic (not that that's a big hurdle to clear), but also J.Crew. And the fit for me is superior to J.Crew's slim line.

It looks like they have some suit separates labeled Red Fleece on the website. I suspect those would be lower quality than the 1818 line.

As for the name, wouldn't surprise me since they have Black Fleece and Golden Fleece lines as well.

Sleven

Reaction score

Are these sold at Nordstrom or BB? A search on the interweb only brought back the links to the former. Can't find anything on BB website.

I noticed this today when I was going to buying them in white. I'm not sure if online is being its typical self and magically erased them but I will definitely look into tomorrow :)

domino123

Reaction score
Hey guys quick question ... I recently purchased the C&J Cordovan Boot for BB last week. But when I received them they had leather soles not the Dainite Soles I have seen on the forum and on the BB website (I want Dainite). Did they change the makeup of this boot to leather soles only or am I missing something? Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads