• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the deal with Common Projects?

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
CP actually did make a running sneaker this season ...
common-projects-running-sneakers-1-287x189.jpg

Knisse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by transient
I would probably consider getting a pair of lows at some point if it wasn't for people on this forum complaining that they're uncomfortable if you walk around all day in them, which defeats the whole idea of an athletic shoe.
Mine are on the way so i cannot argument for or against this. Would all of those that have been wearing these for ages comment on the above? Is Common Projects comfortable or uncomfortable if you walk a lot ?

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knisse
Mine are on my way so i cannot argument for or against this. Would all of those that have been wearing these for ages comment on the above? Is Common Projects comfortable or uncomfortable if you walk a lot ?

I wear my achilles lows as a day-to-day walking around shoe, and comfort is comparable to any other sneaker - maybe slightly less cushy since the insole and upper are both leather. they were uncomfortable for maybe the 1st week when the leather was first breaking in

suppressor

Reaction score
I guess it depends on the person wearing the shoes. In my opinion they are comfortable enough to walk considerable distance in.
lol8[1].gif

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by transient
I haven't handled them and I'm not denying their quality at all, I'll take everyone's word. There are models which are $400+ range retail. You can look at some white spring court lows, yes there is a big difference in quality but it's the same idea. There's a time and place for high quality basic designs but this is an overkill imo. I would much rather put that money towards some good boots. Just my opinion guys, just sayin.
Thing is, at least IMO, there aren't that many high quality classic shoe designs. I think GATS are okay but I have a nagging suspicion it's just SF hype getting to me. That being said, all I own are the high tops and to be honest, I got them on sale and I probably wouldn't pay retail for CP low tops. Though on the flip side well made and well designed high tops are few and far between and at least to me, CP are pretty much entry level for those.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knisse
Mine are on the way so i cannot argument for or against this. Would all of those that have been wearing these for ages comment on the above? Is Common Projects comfortable or uncomfortable if you walk a lot ?

finally got your 39 achilles?
blush.gif

Dodo

Reaction score
anyone knows where in italy Common Projects makes the shoes especially the oxford?

alexanduh

Reaction score
man who ever makes the sole for high end sneakers must be making a lot of money lol

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been wearing them since they launched at NDG back in the day. The first pair i bought were uncomfortable as hell until I broke them in. I've had about 6 pairs over the years and the leather has gotten progressively cheaper as the price has gone up and the distribution has opened up. I don't like that math. For the past few years I have mostly bought them at sample sales like The News. Good sneakers IMHO, but definitely not worth the 4 bills that they are currently selling for.

*#..

Reaction score
Just a nitpick, I really like the design on the CP achilles but I still do not like the barcode, even after owning my own pair for 4 years. If I could get rid of the numbers on the leather, the achilles would be my favorite sneaker design, hands down. Show me a better designed sneaker, and I'll change my mind. Lanvins are nice, but the design of CPs is just excellent in my opinion. Here's my take on why I like them:

The tip is not bulgy and it's more pointed as opposed to more rounded like other shoes, yet it doesn't look feminine like a pair of keds. The way the stitching at the sides of the shoe come in at a slight angle and move one's eyes up the shoe. The lack of other detailing really emphasizes the focus on the shape of the shoe itself. I really like the design of the sole. Nothing complex or eye-catching about it, which is how it should be. There's no part of the design that stands out, which makes them understated.

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pronxs
you can scrape off the barcode.
Yeah, I don't want to potentially ruin my pair of CPs, and I think the barcode is stamped on so an imprint of the numbers will still be there. If there are pics of someone who did it, that would great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads