• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What where you wearing then?. Pre SF edition.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is true. I think the SF fit will hold up long too, most of it is based off older fits.

mr. burns

Reaction score
certain trends will come and go but i can't see the emphasis on classic styles and well-fitting clothes ever becoming silly.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
Yeah, that sort of 'do was everywhere back then. Here is a professional "siblings" portrait from the same summer (I'm wearing a Cramps t-shirt; my brother's is Minor Threat):

At least you were allowed to wear your tshirts in family photos. I'll see if I can dig up my xmas family photo on the beach from 1993 or so--sideswipe of sorts, docs... and a fisherman's sweater. My ma didn't approve of the dead milkmen or dead kennedys tshirts.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
At least you were allowed to wear your tshirts in family photos. I'll see if I can dig up my xmas family photo on the beach from 1993 or so--sideswipe of sorts, docs... and a fisherman's sweater. My ma didn't approve of the dead milkmen or dead kennedys tshirts.

Two quick band-shirt stories:

1. In high school I wore a Circle Jerks tee to school and nearly gave my French teacher a heart attack.

2. My brother wore a Sex Pistols tee to school one day, and the principal objected. My brother fixed the problem by cutting out a small scrap of paper, drawing an "E" on it, and taping it over the "X" on the shirt, so that it read, "SEE PISTOLS."

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
How boring would it be to have the same look after 20 years?

frown.gif
lol, that's me in a nutshell

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
Two quick band-shirt stories:

1. In high school I wore a Circle Jerks tee to school and nearly gave my French teacher a heart attack.

2. My brother wore a Sex Pistols tee to school one day, and the principal objected. My brother fixed the problem by cutting out a small scrap of paper, drawing an "E" on it, and taping it over the "X" on the shirt, so that it read, "SEE PISTOLS."

Hahaha, I wonder how I got away with some of the shirts I wore on a weekly basis in high school:

Circle Jerks concert T
Dead Kennedys "Nazi Punks **** Off" shirt
Dead Kennedys "Holiday Inn Cambodia" shirt with photo of a guy getting hanged from a tree and beaten with a folding chair
Misfits T with a rotting skeleton pulling out its eye
etc.

This was the late 80s- early 90s and nobody ever said a word to me about it.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
Hahaha, I wonder how I got away with some of the shirts I wore on a weekly basis in high school:

Circle Jerks concert T
Dead Kennedys "Nazi Punks **** Off" shirt
Dead Kennedys "Holiday Inn Cambodia" shirt with photo of a guy getting hanged from a tree and beaten with a folding chair
Misfits T with a rotting skeleton pulling out its eye
etc.

This was the late 80s- early 90s and nobody ever said a word to me about it.

Yeah but who's really going to object to a "Nazi Punks **** Off" shirt without looking like an asshole? I had that same Misfits Tshirt, the drawing was by Pushead, an amazing horror artist.

My worst shirts were the Black Flag shirt that had a gun in a cop's mouth with the caption "Make Me *** ******" and a Gwar shirt that had too many gross and offensive things on it to list here.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Punk's dead....you're next.
Punk's not dead. It's just unemployed and laying in a gutter somewhere while all those ******* annoying "commercial" Pop-Punk bands **** IT.

ManicAbstraction

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Nope, it's a boutique amp from Top Hat called "club royale". It's a pure class A EL84 amp, only 15 watts but the sucker is LOUD. Think of a Vox AC-30 with a bit more sparkle. It's in the blond finish, and I used it with an MXR 10 band EQ pedal to give it balls when it needed it.

The Valvetronix was cool, probably the best s/s amp I've heard (other than Ampeg)....almost has TOO many options , esp in my case playing with just a couple tones. But if you were in a cover band that covered the gamut from Beatles to Metallica, it'd be the perfect thing (esp if you have the full function floor pedal to control every amp dial via foot)

Sounds just like a Blues Jr. (class A, EL84) How does it compare?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads