• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What wallet do you use?

AunToni

Reaction score
honestly, one of the advantages to living in China is, you only need to really carry around your phone. Anyways, still nice to have a wallet. Fendi with hand stitching

WechatIMG1.jpeg

WechatIMG4.jpeg

walds11

Reaction score

This is reassuring feedback. Not only are the edges a little thick, they are squared off. I do 5 cards (2 cards in one slot, 1 in each of the remaining slots) and some cash in the center. I totally get it. This card holder is a masterpiece.

I'm loving the grey. Classy, neutral and understated!

My Goyard St. Sulpice grey cardholder is up for sale if anyone is interested.

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/goyard-st-sulpice-cardholder-grey.543645/#post-8893263

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was rolling with a cardholder for the longest time then finally made a switch. to something else... Been using a CdG half zip and really loving it.

Comme-Des-Gar%C3%A7ons-Classic-Leather-Wallet.jpg

Still sits pretty slim, and has a zipper so you can hold the occassional change or other stuff.

Webbo

Reaction score
I've become quite a fan of Secrid wallets. It's too bad the leather is rather obviously mediocre. If someone were to up the ante with premium leather, I would so be in for that.

I have been using one of these in my quest for a minimalist wallet and so far i am impressed. I can manage 5 cards in the RFID blocking section which works really well for getting cards in and out. 2-3 more can fit in the inside section and there is room for maybe £100-120 in cash notes. Yes the leather could be better but all in all seems good, 8.5/10

ParkerPierpont

Reaction score
I have been using one of these in my quest for a minimalist wallet and so far i am impressed. I can manage 5 cards in the RFID blocking section which works really well for getting cards in and out. 2-3 more can fit in the inside section and there is room for maybe £100-120 in cash notes. Yes the leather could be better but all in all seems good, 8.5/10

Thanks for the write up - have been curious about these. Seems like a really clever design.

jobro

Reaction score
tanner goods cardholder, 7 years old

View attachment 844543
I really like this card holder from Tanner Goods. I've had two, first one was eaten by my dog, second I lost. I've just ordered a new one but just received an email that they are offering a new leather colour (see image below). Would have gone with the new 'slate blue' had it been released at the time of my purchase but I'm still happy with the 'natural' leather which ages well.

TG-Wallets-SteelBlue-LegacyCardholder-3_900x.jpg

mb1233

Reaction score
I personally use that type of wallet as an everyday wallet and it's extremely versatile. Additionally, if card pockets stretch out a bit over time, the folding design keeps the cards from falling out if you happen to be carrying less cash or slim down your carry one day.

I'm using a similar style, the Frank Clegg folding card case. You are right, there are certain advantages to this style, such as it being more forgiving if your EDC lightens up.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about a croc wallet but it’s dressy looking. Do people have one wallet for casual use and one for dressing up?

IChen

Reaction score
Thinking about a croc wallet but it’s dressy looking. Do people have one wallet for casual use and one for dressing up?

Some guys do. I just keep it to a cardholder when I can. If I'm traveling, I'll go billfold. A dressy wallet...you know handing out business cards. Even if you in like wealth management, I don't think most will care. If you like Croc, get a croc one. Assuming medium/good quality it'll hold up well and last a long time.

Nightawl

Reaction score
Probably wayyy too late to the discussion, but did somebody say croc wallet?

Have been dipping my hands into crafting with exotics, and even doing some handpainted pieces (the blue and red ones were handpainted). A little stressful to cut into/make something so expensive, but when the pieces comes out well it's such a reward!

DSC07905.JPG

DSC07904.JPG

DSC08404.JPG

DSC08465.JPG

DSC08694.JPG

DSC08744.JPG

DSC08925.JPG

Cark

Reaction score
flat head card case
the same one sold on selfedge but i got mine direct from a store from japan on rakuten so i saved a lot of money. i really like the craftsmanship, especially the thick thread, you don't see that in a lot of wallets.

2018-11-06 17.10.04.jpg

2018-11-06 17.10.28.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads