• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how these liquidators do things in the last week? Supposedly stores are closing next Saturday 9/15 and as things stand markdowns are 40-60%. Just wondering if they get to 75-90% type levels. May be worth on last scavenge...

Don't waste your money. If you're not going to buy it at 40-60% off of daffy's already 80% off retail -- are you really going to wear/use that item at another few dollars off?

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a double-breasted, corduroy De Curtis sportcoat from the store in SoHo today for $41.00. It was a 40R, too.

I'm a happy camper.

Last edited:

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeh, RIP.

Shiny

Reaction score
Has there been any discussion on who'll will fill the Daffy's market niche? Online shopping is nice and can generate some discounts, but nothing like trying something on in the store.

Peurist

Reaction score

Has there been any discussion on who'll will fill the Daffy's market niche? Online shopping is nice and can generate some discounts, but nothing like trying something on in the store.

I shared this news with some of you recently, but wanted to make a formal announcement to the broader SF community via this thread. Starting in mid or late November, I will be starting up an online retail site featuring discounted European menswear called PEURIST. The site will be focused on bringing the quality, fit and style of European menswear to America at affordable prices -- hence the 'EU' in PEURIST. We plan to offer both business and casual attire, targeting young professionals looking to expand their wardrobes. The company will operate online at PEURIST.COM, and will also offer personal appointments for those located in New York, New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania.

I am already in the process of securing the first purchase for the site - a great selection of shirts from a well-known UK shirt-maker, at least well-known to those in the UK. Unfortunately, I cannot provide further details at this time, but suffice it to say it is some really great stuff.

What I can provide details on, however, is that I am running what is known as a crowd-funding campaign on Indiegogo. Indiegogo is a platform, similar to Kickstarter, that allows for the public funding of projects and small businesses. I am looking for seed money of $10k, though, that is ideally a very low-end goal of what I hope to accomplish. At this point, I have basically siphoned off all of my personal savings into the business account, solely for purchases, and hope that the Indiegogo campaign can provide another source of funding. I'm not begging for money here, but those of you that can spare some change will be rewarded with future discounts once the site opens -- if you can, head on over to http://www.indiegogo.com/peurist and drop a few pennies on a young entrepreneur.

Last edited:

MALTLIQUOR

Reaction score
A great shame those crowd sourcing sites and securities laws don't allow easier equity sales.

Best of luck, guy321.

Solo118

Reaction score

I shared this news with some of you recently, but wanted to make a formal announcement to the broader SF community via this thread. Starting in mid or late November, I will be starting up an online retail site featuring discounted European menswear called PEURIST. The site will be focused on bringing the quality, fit and style of European menswear to America at affordable prices -- hence the 'EU' in PEURIST. We plan to offer both business and casual attire, targeting young professionals looking to expand their wardrobes. The company will operate online at PEURIST.COM, and will also offer personal appointments for those located in New York, New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania.
I am already in the process of securing the first purchase for the site - a great selection of shirts from a well-known UK shirt-maker, at least well-known to those in the UK. Unfortunately, I cannot provide further details at this time, but suffice it to say it is some really great stuff.
What I can provide details on, however, is that I am running what is known as a crowd-funding campaign on Indiegogo. Indiegogo is a platform, similar to Kickstarter, that allows for the public funding of projects and small businesses. I am looking for seed money of $10k, though, that is ideally a very low-end goal of what I hope to accomplish. At this point, I have basically siphoned off all of my personal savings into the business account, solely for purchases, and hope that the Indiegogo campaign can provide another source of funding. I'm not begging for money here, but those of you that can spare some change will be rewarded with future discounts once the site opens -- if you can, head on over to http://www.indiegogo.com/peurist and drop a few pennies on a young entrepreneur.

I will contribute a bit.... I can't be a "big timer" contributor but I am glad to throw in a few bucks to make this a reality.

PS... Does anyone know who is taking over these leases? I really think Century 21 might step in on a couple of locations.... but who knows if they can actually buy the same merchandise that Daffy's bought. That would be cool though!

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
PS... Does anyone know who is taking over these leases? I really think Century 21 might step in on a couple of locations.... but who knows if they can actually buy the same merchandise that Daffy's bought. That would be cool though!

C21 gets much better stuff than Daffy's. Even when they do have the same stuff though, I noticed C21 is more expensive.

Peurist

Reaction score

I will contribute a bit.... I can't be a "big timer" contributor but I am glad to throw in a few bucks to make this a reality.

Thanks! If you're a small-sized guy (read: size 36-38 blazer), I will have special rewards up this weekend if you want to wait til then - i.e., NWT pieces from Daffy's.

As for the Daffy's locations, C21 is rumored to be moving into the Philly location. The only other site that would be large enough to accommodate a C21 would be the Herald Square spot, but given that they recently opened a location near Lincoln Center, I don't think that will happen.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! If you're a small-sized guy (read: size 36-38 blazer), I will have special rewards up this weekend if you want to wait til then - i.e., NWT pieces from Daffy's.
As for the Daffy's locations, C21 is rumored to be moving into the Philly location. The only other site that would be large enough to accommodate a C21 would be the Herald Square spot, but given that they recently opened a location near Lincoln Center, I don't think that will happen.

WOW! Really?
smile.gif

Peurist

Reaction score
If anyone's interested, I've posted new rewards up on the Indiegogo site, w/three pieces for Fall/Winter fitting size 36-38US - two leathers (Patrizia Pepe and Gazzarrini) and a wool coat from Jey Cole Man. And no, this will not be the camera I use for the site in case you're wondering ;)

http://www.indiegogo.com/peurist

Last edited:

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If anyone's interested, I've posted new rewards up on the Indiegogo site, w/three pieces for Fall/Winter fitting size 36-38US - two leathers (Patrizia Pepe and Gazzarrini) and a wool coat from Jey Cole Man. And no, this will not be the camera I use for the site in case you're wondering ;)
http://www.indiegogo.com/peurist

Will you still start peurist if you do not reach the 10k in seed money?

Also, did you see the thread regarding the 2k incotex pants?

Peurist

Reaction score

Will you still start peurist if you do not reach the 10k in seed money?
Also, did you see the thread regarding the 2k incotex pants?

Yes, the company will go forward regardless. The money would have helped advertising and allowed for a bigger starting budget, but it will be going forward nonetheless. Can you link me to the Incotex thread?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads