• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear

aragoona

Reaction score
Stopped by 57th today. One Thom Browne blazer, size 5, $450 plus 30% off. Also, tons of jaycoleman **** 30% off.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today, an email trumpeting further discounts and blaring "final week!"

Does anyone know if this is as true for the NY stores as it is for the NJ ones?

Ebonyman

Reaction score
Yes it's true.....Discounts between 30-50% and a week or so to go. Not much left at the 44th street location.

Peurist

Reaction score
I know that the NJ stores will be closing 9/15. My guess is most NYC stores will be the same; they might consolidate some stuff to a few locations, but my guess is that whatever doesn't sell will be taken by the liquidator and sold when they try and liquidate other stores.

skefferz

Reaction score

Solo118

Reaction score
Ill be at the store on my lunch break today.... cant believe its coming to an end.

Let you know what I score!

Edit: What a complete disaster on 34th street. Horrible stuff! I got lucky and scored a Mastai Ferretti shirt. I didnt love it, but I figured what the hell for $15 it could very well be my last purchase there.

Last edited:

mfadam

Reaction score
hit Secaucus and Elizabeth, both had 9 days left signs. Totally nuked, a few odds and ends of interest but don't hold your breath...

oomegaoo

Reaction score
Can anyone who's been to any NYC location recently report on the variety/quantity of outerwear? I slept on going even after I first heard the news about Daffy's closing back in July.

I bought a Gazzarini jacket from there 4 years ago that I still wear. I hope it's not too late to scoop up good stuff.

Last edited:

Peurist

Reaction score

Can anyone who's been to any NYC location recently report on the variety/quantity of outerwear? I slept on going even after I first heard the news about Daffy's closing back in July.
I bought a Gazzarini jacket from there 4 years ago that I still wear. I hope it's not too late to scoop up good stuff.

You might still be able to find a few Gazzarrini pieces at 57th & Lex, and Soho, but I'd doubt it. The only other good coats that came in were from Copen Group (Royal Hem, Pennesi, De Curtis) and Jey Cole Man, but those have been picked over.

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be near 57th East later today and I'll pop in. Will report back. I don't expect much.

thegreatgatsby

Reaction score
I think it's fair to say that Daffy's is no more.

There is no reason to return to any Daffy's locations - it is a clusterfuck of several befuddled employees trying to match up suit pants with suit jackets (which they cannot), and a random sampling of the worst that the liquidators could bring to bear.

Why torture yourselves?

I forbid anyone to go back.

Let's move on.

Ebonyman

Reaction score
Sad but true....

However, there was one (1) David Chu SC in a nice olive check (44L) at the 57th st. location. Worth it at the current discount just to throw Ebay I guess.....

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it's fair to say that Daffy's is no more.
There is no reason to return to any Daffy's locations - it is a clusterfuck of several befuddled employees trying to match up suit pants with suit jackets (which they cannot), and a random sampling of the worst that the liquidators could bring to bear.
Why torture yourselves?
I forbid anyone to go back.
Let's move on.

Too late. But you're absolutely correct.

East 57th has a cream peak-lapel dinner jacket in size 42 that was $399 before 40% markdown and had a security device on it. Now that I had a couple of glasses of wine, I can't recall the maker. The label is blue, red, and yellow. There were also a couple of those sweater-y Jey Coleman unconstructed coats and a very sad-looking pair of Incotex with only the size tag still attached.

Otherwise, lots of ugly shirts and sweaters in XXL and an inordinately long line. I was there all of ten minutes.

RIP Daffy's...

mfadam

Reaction score
Does anyone know how these liquidators do things in the last week? Supposedly stores are closing next Saturday 9/15 and as things stand markdowns are 40-60%. Just wondering if they get to 75-90% type levels. May be worth on last scavenge...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads