• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What music are you listening to lately?

Seanallen

Reaction score
A must have for good chill hip-hop.
141138.jpg

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
AF, I'm reviewing these: Facking awesome. JVC XRCDs Brahms Violin Concerto with Szeryng/Monteux and Brahms 2 with Gilels/Reiner FIM We Take Requests with Oscar OMG!
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi's Ghost
Just an update from my foray into jazz via the jazz neophyte thread. I've now spun off in all sorts of directions with Duke Ellington, Chick Webb, Sidney Bechet, Benny Goodman. This is a deep rabbit hole.

I'm partly afraid to go to that thread only because it's going to exacerbate my obsession with Jazz and yet i still consider myself a n00b.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

amnesiac

Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Kookz

Reaction score
Just heard this song last night (might be old news to you guys but I don't have US TV :p)

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carissa's Wierd, Songs About Leaving
Carissa%27s+Wierd+Songs+About+Leaving.jpg
Burial, Untrue
burial-untrue.jpg
Broken Social Scene, Broken Social Scene
tn_Broken%20Social%20Scene-Broken%20Social%20Scene.jpg
Scott Walker, 4
026.jpg
All absolutely brilliant in their own ways.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ok people, one more time: If the image of the album cover doesn't have a name and title, write it out. I don't know what ******* band goes with half of those CD covers. Its like I'm teaching in an ESE classroom over here. Just finished with:
metric-fantasies-album-cover1.jpg
Really liked this album which is weird for me because I normally don't like hipster pop style bands. Anybody know of any other bands that might be similar and just as good?

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
A-Silver-Mt.-Zion-He-Has-Left-Us-Alone-but-Shafts-of-Light-Sometimes-Grace-the-Corner-of-Our-Rooms....jpg
Spine-tingling stuff.

Your post inspired me finally to obtain this album, about which I had heard only good things. Thank you. This is immense.
Originally Posted by Rambo
Ok people, one more time: If the image of the album cover doesn't have a name and title, write it out. I don't know what ******* band goes with half of those CD covers. Its like I'm teaching in an ESE classroom over here.
Only one of my four doesn't have the band name, title, or an easily identifiable moniker on the cover, but because you complained I've edited my post to include them. Even though this ruins the cooler-than-thou-ness of posting cryptic cover art.

tony_stark

Reaction score
Been listening to Uyama Hiroto lately. Really liking the album a son of the sun... Good music for chilling purposes.
k1281558227.jpg

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Francis
Carissa's Wierd, Songs About Leaving
Carissa%27s+Wierd+Songs+About+Leaving.jpg

Burial, Untrue
burial-untrue.jpg

Broken Social Scene, Broken Social Scene
tn_Broken%20Social%20Scene-Broken%20Social%20Scene.jpg

Scott Walker, 4
026.jpg

All absolutely brilliant in their own ways.

Love each one of these albums.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads