• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I'm reading Paul Johnson's U.S. History book. The odds of finishing are long, but I'm enjoying it so far.

EnglishGent

Reaction score
Last night I finished reading Parrot and Olivier in America. Next on the list is Lost Illusions.

Auhasardrobert

Reaction score
John Irving's The World According to Garp
&
Antoine François PrÃ
00a9.png
vost's (The AbbÃ
00a9.png
PrÃ
00a9.png
vost) Manon Lescaut.

The first is a wonderful read and the second, if nothing else, is quite entertaining given its historical significance.

vexare

Reaction score
Power Hungry : The myths of green energy and the real fuels of the future by Robert Bryce.

I am part owner of a new green energy start up, so reading something like this gives me some facts from the other side. Think of it as marketing research and getting the whole picture, not just the one painted by supporters of our cause. For the regular person, it gives great insight via raw statistics in regards to our energy consumption, production and requirements. A lot of political mumbo jumbo out there, and the facts help one discern between the good, the bad and the ugly!

Valor

Reaction score
Thus Spake Zarathustra

ektaylor

Reaction score
Currently reading ~10-15 articles (on JSTOR, GS, etc) a day on European populism, Jean-Marie Le Pen, his daughter Marine, Sarkozy's fleeting reversion to dirigisme--oddly, I'm left with little to say.

grouper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StolenCar
Heller -- Catch 22. Always wanted to read it and I saw a copy at the airport bookstore.

So overrated. The catch-22 trope is used again and again to the point of exhaustion, and the book gets less and less funny towards the end. The emotional poignancy that's supposed to make up for the lack of humor towards the end never really picks up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads