• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upstarter
Blank Slate, by Steven Pinker
His hair is AWESOME. I'm reading more books on Go. One on sanrensei fuseki and another on connecting groups.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rick Steves's Paris 2009 guide
China Mieville's Perdido Street Station (this ****'s really weird)

b

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finished NEVERLAND by Joseph O'Neill. Highly recommend, perhaps more for New Yorkers.

Currently reading Can't be Satisfied (Muddy Waters biography) and finally started the recent Jhumpa Lahiri collection.

chessplayer

Reaction score
"Buddenbrocks" by Thomas Mann. Next will be Oliver Twist.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chessplayer
"Buddenbrocks" by Thomas Mann.

one of the best books ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am reading 10 Days to less Distracted Child...but it is taking me forever to finish it
smile.gif

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
American Wife. Very disappointing, given the advance notices. The last quarter is so redolent with recent fact that she might as well have called her character Bush and be done with it It's fine to write a novel that is clearly based on events, but this one pretty much just retells them. (It even refers to "Charlie" getting the Patriot Act extended). As a result it just comes off clumsy and awkward. Just finished "Oscar Wao". Not bad, although there was too much Spanish patois in it for me. I simply did not follow what the narrator was saying whenever he dropped into Spanish, which was quite often. Would be a much better book for someone who knows a bit of Spanish.

Kas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reading Old Man And The Sea now. I liked For Whom The Bell Tolls so this will probably be good too.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't posted to this thread in awhile. Recently read:

Suttree by Cormac McCarthy
The Day of Battle: The War in Sicily and Italy by Rick Atkinson (part ii of the liberation trilogy)
The Road to Los Angeles by John Fante (2d in the Bandini series, but actually the author's 1st book)

Just started:

Ask the Dust by Fante (the 3rd in the Bandini series)
Holy Smoke: The Big Book of North Carolina Barbecue by Reed, Reed, and McKinney

Bruce9241

Reaction score
Zhou Enlai, The last perfect revolutionary by Gao Wenqian.

Great book. Really shows the other side of Zhou.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pscolari
I haven't posted to this thread in awhile. Recently read: Suttree by Cormac McCarthy The Day of Battle: The War in Sicily and Italy by Rick Atkinson (part ii of the liberation trilogy) The Road to Los Angeles by John Fante (2d in the Bandini series, but actually the author's 1st book) Just started: Ask the Dust by Fante (the 3rd in the Bandini series) Holy Smoke: The Big Book of North Carolina Barbecue by Reed, Reed, and McKinney
ah cool. i read ask the dust a long time ago but i didn't realize it was the last of a trilogy. i arrived at fante through bukowski.

Reaction score
just finished wind up bird chronicle.
meh.
now reading what i talk about when i talk about running.
i like reading murakami, he cleanses the palate, but i am not sure any of his books leave any kind of impression on me at all. reading him is like breathing or drinking water

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads