• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What age did you develop your style

mas_cerveza

Reaction score
After 14 years of attending private school with uniforms, I have to say that I really haven't had the opportunities to form a steady style. Like many others, it has changed numerous times. However I think that this year (senior year in HS) and last year it has developed more and more. Because my senior year uniform is more lenient (and bold/striped shirt/dress pants, any blazer, dress/boat shoes), it has shaped my insight on style.

beansprouts1

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I had absolutely no style in high school, think I just recycled through 14 shirts every 2 weeks or so. got into hollister/abercrombie for a year in college, then worked up from there. Rich parents definitely helped. Since im a med student and not working, I try to stay pretty modern but casual. Wardrobe now is mainly polos, theory/gucci/zegna shirts, fitted blazer, 7/citizen jeans. My style will probably get more conservative as I start working, but for now, i figure I should take advantage of my youth.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've always cared about what i wore, it may not have been good style, but i've probably cared since 6th-7th grade

my style has been a work in progress throughout my life, and it has changed with my lifestyle...

i used to wear size xl or large shirts with really baggy jeans, it wasn't a good style, but i cared and would not be seen in non baggy jeans at the time...
etc etc

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
probably 17 or so.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it started when i was 17 and slowly progressed over the years. i've always had an interest in fashion and i am just now getting content with my style...

Eagle

Reaction score
In my early years (grade school and junior high), I caught a lot of teasing for wearing second hand clothes. With money earned from part time jobs, I started buying my own clothes at 14/15 years of age, gravitating almost exclusively to OCBD's, chinos and penny loafers. During my senior year of high school, a pair of Hanover pebble grain longwings was added to the foot-gear mix. Over a period of about 45 years, my sartorial tastes have not changed much...though I have added conservative, traditional sport coats/suits to the list of clothing options available to me!

Rock

Reaction score
I view my style as in constant flux, but age 19 was when I snapped out of complete sartorial apathy. Before that I wore the boring polos and Ts mom bought from the Gap and never thought anything of it.

A lot of this had to do with buying my own clothes and starting anew/developing a persona in college.

Chango

Reaction score
About a few months ago. I lost a LOT of body fat, and could finally buy good looking clothes. Before it was only a Black shirt and some Jeans. It was like a uniform, but when your really fat, not much will look good on you.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Basically starting to try (or am I trying to start?) right about now. I'm 15.

tatet

Reaction score
17 - did it to get some *****

it's kind of funny how much the clothes you wear change how people treat you

unrated

Reaction score
I never had a sense of what looked proper on me until a year ago. I'm a late bloomer I guess

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads