• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watch strap to go with pink gold

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Beautiful watch. Any idea what year it was made?

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) Brown Alligator (cheaper and easier to find in the US)
2) Brown Croc
3) Tan/Peanut Brittle Teju Lizard: slighty dressier than the choices above

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked at that ABP website and loved the fact that you could choose the size and general shape of the scales of the croc band. I would really go for rectangular/square scales. If I could only find something in the US, I'm sure I'd save a bit of $$$. I know you get what you pay for, but it looks like it could easily be over $300 for one band from ABP and a very long wait time whereas I can get one very close to it for $110 here in the states like this.

londoncrocoP.jpg

I need to make sure the buckle matches the case which could be tricky to find. But I love the color and padded center of the one pictured above.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackrover
http://www.watchtime.com/2009/06/a-r...ny-other-name/

Yes, wiki cleared it up for me as well, but your link was far more interesting. Thank you. I noticed that every rose or pink gold watch on that page had only black bands. Most of them had black faces as well, so it was hard to get a sense of what it would look like with an ivory face, pink gold and a black strap. I'm off to google for pictures...

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Instead of starting a new thread, I figured I'd just add this on to the one I made earlier.

I received the watch and the watchstrap ( from Banda) today, and put the two together. Overall I'm very happy with the look of the two. The original strap looked fine, but the dark burgundy croc strap does seem to bring out the nice rose gold better. It's hard to tell in my pictures, it appears darker than it actually is.

Bruno fromhttp://www.VintageWatchRestoration.com was great to work with, communicates well and dealt with me very fairly and professionally. I'm going to be eyeing his site in the future for another acquisition.

Now my next duty is to find a pink gold original buckle. I was outbid on one on ebay. From what I could gather, they tend to go for $100-150 and I gave up after it went over $178. The yellow gold colored quick release that I have on the new strap isn't working for me. And last but not least, it might be sacrilegious but I think I am going to have the hands blued. I think that would look nice even though it's not what the watch originally looked like.

Thanks to all for their input beforehand.

DSCF0267.jpg

DSCF0265.jpg

justindo

Reaction score
I really like that Omega. Personally I'd leave the hands alone, but if you choose to replace them I'd go with gold instead of blue.

As for straps, yours looks black in your pictures but I'm sure it looks great in person. I have watche in both red and pink gold (no rose yet) and I have them both on dark brown straps.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The hands are already gold. I thought I'd want a different type of hand, maybe something a bit more slender or something, and perhaps blue, but yeah, the more I look at it, the more I like it just the way it is.

I can see just a slight bit of "patina" on the hour hand. I would rather have them gleaming and shining. But I have all the time to fiddle with it now. Tempted to put a sapphire crystal on it, but not sure if there's any point to that as long as this one is doing the job without scratches.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a bit concerned about the band. The croc strap looks like it's a very thin veneer of material bonded to another leather, and I can see stretching and creasing in certain areas. If it is genuine crocodile, why would someone bother going thru the work of altering it further than just cutting and processing it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads