• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watch for around 3K

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
22 and you have 2.5k to spend on watches?

CustomWorks

Reaction score
I'm probably gonna get flamed for this.

But I think a used SUB is more versatile then a mark xvi.

I know, no tool watches with suits right? I just can't help but to think this is a better looking watch.

CustomWorks

Reaction score
Its possible.

2.5k with a summer job and a part time job around school.. why not?

If you live at home it should be doable.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CustomWorks
Its possible.

2.5k with a summer job and a part time job around school.. why not?

If you live at home it should be doable.

Or he has his own business that he worked very hard at starting up himself...

Reaction score
Well I already own the basics of a working wardrobe (suits, shoes, shirts, ties) so basically I'll use my signing bonus to get the watch.

I will start saving money for important things as I start getting paychecks. This watch is all I will be getting for a good while in the "nice" category.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kudude
are you sure you have to wear a suit every day? Are you working in finance or something? MBB at the undergrad level are mostly slacks and shirts, right? Why did you decide you wanted a watch?
I'm at MBB. Slacks and shirts are only used at Bain, which has a more "relaxed" culture.

jtoddaz

Reaction score
NH_Clark;4221205 said:
If you want to wear a Panerai in a suit I recommend a Radiomir... I have the 287J

Second this opinion. I'd have to alter every sleeve I have to wear my Luminor under. I'd suggest a 210/183 for a classic look. You might be able to find one in the 3700-3800 range with a desperate seller.

Speedmaster a solid choice as well. Just don't get a Tag.
sly.gif

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
Just a thought, but if you're 22 maybe you don't need to jump right into the 3000-dollar watch game. Have you looked around at what's available for less than that? (And thought about what's gonna happen if you scratch the face in the first week after dropping 3 Gs on it?)
If you scratch the face of the watch, you have a pretty big problem. However, if you mean the crystal, that's not a good example. Most watches that are worth anything have a sapphire or similarly strong crystal, that is just about scratch proof. I have worn my Omega Seamaster everyday for the past 4 years and the crystal still looks the same as the day I got it.
Originally Posted by Simple Elegance
Well I already own the basics of a working wardrobe (suits, shoes, shirts, ties) so basically I'll use my signing bonus to get the watch. I will start saving money for important things as I start getting paychecks. This watch is all I will be getting for a good while in the "nice" category.
I would start off with something around the $500 mark. For this I recommend the aforementioned Hamiltons or a Seiko. Seikos are very good watches.
seiko-kinetic-direct-drive-moon-phase-watch.jpg
Seiko Kinetic Drive Moon Phase Their Kinetic line is similar to an automatic. This has classic touches, yet is still modern and flashy enough to suit your needs. Planning to sell your watch in the future is a bad idea. With few exceptions, watches will quickly decrease in value; some wil accrue, but you will need to really understand the watch market to select these. I would start off with a Seiko, then when you're ready to upgrade, hold on the to the Seiko as an everyday or travel watch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads