• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vittoria Fluido - camiciaia Napoletana - (a Neapolitan shirtmaker) EDITED title

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you Marco. Something to look forward to when visiting Naples someday.

Last edited:

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
she makes a nice
well fitting shirt
and offers moar
handwork than
while she was
at rubinacci

yasu10s

Reaction score
Great posts, Marco!
How is her english and which fabrics does she stock?

Yasu

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is, but personally I would be less than pleased that the fabric on the collar isn't aligned symmetrically, for instance...

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I
Yes. it is. Could it be a more subtle instance of sprezzatura?
this is not a jacket or has pockets to match, the panels are well aligned but the overlapping "squares" are slightly enlarged. It looks ok to me that way considering the absence of front placket. The pattern was indeed challenging by itself, also considering the short time available I asked to complete the shirt in, and for the fact this was a 90cm wide fabric, which she commented looked cut to 90cm (selvedge is only on one side, oddly) and made it challenging to cut the pieces from.

As I said I am still "studying" the shirt, and EliodA thanks for spotting the collar asymmetry, as had not yet noticed myself. Will ask her to re-cut and swap the collars when I am next in Naples.

Yasu, she is home based, so normally people will bring in the fabrics, although she mentioned to hold some cuts there (I guess basic pattern/colours). Do not believe she speak English (T4 may know more) but her son was there and he is studying languages and wishes to move to London, so I guess he can help the process, and as I understand will answer email enquiries in English.

mactire

Reaction score
Do not believe she speak English (T4 may know more) but her son was there and he is studying languages and wishes to move to London, so I guess he can help the process, and as I understand will answer email enquiries in English.

Do you have her email address? I'm with you on the pattern matching, fit is the most important consideration in bespoke.

AmericanGent

Reaction score
Marco-
Is this the same Vittoria as the lady near Piazza Trieste e Trento? Bounanno uses her and she is recommended by a few folks I have talked to in Napoli.
I'm taking a piece of Riva to her next month sometime.

Camiceria Vittoria Di Francesca Smorra
Via Carlo de Cesare, 18

Thanks

AmericanGent

Reaction score
OK, thanks. Could you send me contact info for this Vittoria?
What is your final analysis of Fluido's work?

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She cut a nice fitting shirt. My first shirt was delivered in less then a week (special request) and in hindsight was too a short time, so i would give it enough time. I have not yet been able to return to have the collar re-cut but she has actually contacted me few times asking when I can visit her or send the shirt to get it fixed. Will send you a PM.

AmericanGent

Reaction score
OK- thanks Marco.

I went over to Via Duomo yesterday and stopped in at Cacciopoli. Sadly I got there late and they were closing up, so I will have to make the trip back down. It's a sucky walk from Chiaia.

Rafael44

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for the blog.
I'm quite interested in having something made with her, at 100EUR its sounds really reasonable.
I'm based in London and have no interest in making the trip to Naples though. Do you think it would be possible to send over an old shirt (bespoke) for her to copy ? With some shirting of course.
Secondly, does anyone know where to buy some good shirting in London ?
Thanks,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads