• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody here just buy these on eBay?

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
12, I was gonna bid but I got distracted

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wonder what the new virgils will look like when they drop, and if they will bring back the heel stabilizer or not.

It's interesting how underwraps some of these japan brands keep things. Like nonnative...there is literally no information on aw14 and the lookbook has been out for a while, and somehow no one has decided to put it up online. I've only found a few blurry pictures here or there and several of just the cover.
bored.gif

Emixam

Reaction score
well that's very Japanese...in Japan many shops and restaurants are out of sight, hidden in back streets, very difficult to find. It prevents from anyone to just step in and disturb the regular customers. And in the end that is just a marketing communication way...Japanese people like the exclusivity, and making things hard to find/get is one way for brands to get attention and followers - customers feel special.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yooo..random overthinking fit thought.

How do your virgils fit you guys? If I lace them up pretty tight, it feels like a solid fit. A little roomy in the toes because of the rounded toe. Not sliding around or anything, but it's not really like a glove...which is what I kinda wanted. But is that intended? But if I lace them up a little loose up top, it feels a little loose................I'm going crazy I know. Wonder if I should try an 8.5
ffffuuuu.gif
In comparison, CP combat boots in an 8 fit like a glove, but it's a much sleeker boot overall...

Last edited:

TWorksheets

Reaction score

Yooo..random overthinking fit thought.  

How do your virgils fit you guys?  If I lace them up pretty tight, it feels like a solid fit.  A little roomy in the toes because of the rounded toe.  Not sliding around or anything, but it's not really like a glove...which is what I kinda wanted.  But is that intended?  But if I lace them up a little loose up top, it feels a little loose................I'm going crazy I know.  Wonder if I should try an 8.5  :fu:    In comparison, CP combat boots in an 8 fit like a glove, but it's a much sleeker boot overall...  

I'm in the same boat actually. Went TTS, they were a good fit but slightly loose in the toe. Over time they've loosened up a bit and feel too loose in some spots. Only thing that's stopped me from trying out an 8.5 is that half sizes are waaaay harder to come by than 8/9/10

I think most of the research I did before buying mine was that Virgils run TTS, but as the sizing advice on the first page indicates it seems like a better idea to go down half a size

Last edited:

onitaps

Reaction score
This is how i lace mine.

If it works when you lace them tight then I suggest you do that from now on :D There's no right or wrong way to lace them tbh.

Clay Bison
14690639153_cc374b6685_z.jpg

14667537691_ca512e4128_z.jpg

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size down half on virgils, i cant say it enough. I don't know why people suggest tts or going with sneaker size. they stretch really fast after like 3 wears and the toebox is pretty forgiving. If they feel loose to you, I can guarantee they are. I've owned grizzlies and virgils that were a half size big and while they didn't feel too long or anything my foot was able to move around in the shoe a bunch. Sizing down .5 solves that issue entirely.

Lendo

Reaction score
Having slightly wider feet, tts on Virgils works perfectly for me. I actually got rid of a pair in kangaroo leather as they were too narrow for me. My suede ones are tts and work both with and without socks.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeeandthelostboys