• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just got a pair of the shaman christos, anyone think its weird that theyve been released everywhere else but japan?
That happens with a few retailers tbh. Although more on the odd piece, rather than how general this one was. What are your thoughts? I'm looking at the Sand pair.

pockets

Reaction score
Where did you get yours @pockets ? Trying to work out what the JP retail is for them as well tbh.
cheapest price ive seen is pancho and lefty, prices range from that to like 1100

i originally had a jp proxy waiting for them and they quoted me a little over 1k total. i started seeing them show up on visvim stocklists outside of japan, and didnt see the value in waiting for their japanese release, so i cancelled and bought from a retailer. lately, have had some bad luck with proxy orders, id say half of what they say they can get ends up being unavailable. i dont know the actual visvim jp retail price.

got the light brown pair, knew i was going to get them as soon as i saw preview / lookbook. theyre folk, materials and product feel amazing. some irregularities in construction, but with this thats a feature not a bug. suede is awesome, natural leather going to wear the **** out of them.

christos have always been one of my favorite things, for me these are just so quintessentially visvim

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the Sand pair. Light brown is lovely but can get the sand for a good price, £620.

Have got a brown pair of other christos so it may be a bit much.

krudsma

Reaction score
New to the brand and was hoping to get a legit check on this Benny jacket. It looks like SS17 but I can only find pics of the Olive one.

Edit: Seems like "Nylono" might be a dead giveaway but I suppose I'll wait for the experts to weigh in.

Screen Shot 2024-05-08 at 2.46.07 PM.png PXL_20240508_194222683.jpg PXL_20240508_194214579.jpg PXL_20240508_194137831.jpg PXL_20240508_194059818.jpg PXL_20240508_194038462.jpg PXL_20240508_194026714.jpg

Last edited:

shopsecondhandvisvim

Reaction score
New to the brand and was hoping to get a legit check on this Benny jacket. It looks like SS17 but I can only find pics of the Olive one.

Edit: Seems like "Nylono" might be a dead giveaway but I suppose I'll wait for the experts to weigh in.

View attachment 2181301 View attachment 2181303 View attachment 2181305 View attachment 2181307 View attachment 2181309 View attachment 2181311 View attachment 2181313
This is fake. Font on the tags is wrong. Plus, ICT item model number's should start with 02.

krudsma

Reaction score
This is fake. Font on the tags is wrong. Plus, ICT item model number's should start with 02.
Ok that's what I was afraid of. Seller didn't even list it as Visvim so I thought it was maybe a case of "I'm going to get a steal because they don't realize what they have" when in reality I'm sure he just knew it was fake and was just selling it as a jacket. For $40 I'm not heartbroken.

shopsecondhandvisvim

Reaction score
Ok that's what I was afraid of. Seller didn't even list it as Visvim so I thought it was maybe a case of "I'm going to get a steal because they don't realize what they have" when in reality I'm sure he just knew it was fake and was just selling it as a jacket. For $40 I'm not heartbroken.
Yeah, if you want to get into the brand at a cheaper price point hmu on ig: visvimtradingpost. I price my items pretty fairly compared to the market.

grs

Reaction score
Has anyone ever successfully spot treated mud-dyed nylon? Not sure what the most gentle approach to getting oil based stains out is.

krudsma

Reaction score

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do folks think of all the logos and taglines on recent seasons? At first I really really disliked it, but coming around to it a little in some silhouettes I like or with chain stitching. Can’t get out of my head that it looks a little gaudy though.

norigim

Reaction score
What do folks think of all the logos and taglines on recent seasons? At first I really really disliked it, but coming around to it a little in some silhouettes I like or with chain stitching. Can’t get out of my head that it looks a little gaudy though.
I've liked some of the individual logos, but I haven't seen an overall piece where I've liked the combination of logos and front/back. For example, I think the tiger logo on the recent season's deckhand is quite nice on the back but the front "VSVM" kills it for me. I also liked the embroidery/stitching on the back of the coaching but the front logo is sorta bad.

Blancpain

Reaction score
I don't own any pieces with logos. The design and materials should be the "logo" IMO which is the draw of the brand.

As mentioned above some of the past drawings/art has been cool but I still don't like when it says "visvim" or derivative.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member