• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kogepan

Reaction score
I know the couple who were the first two in line and not only are they not resellers, the guy is already wearing his kerchief around today. Pretty wack behavior for you to even suggest that. Styleforum gatekeeping at its finest.

Funny you would hide behind a computer to talk trash but didn't have the courage to say that to them in person. Big yikes.
Carmel opening was very quiet, only about 4 people in line myself included at time of opening. No offense if they're on here, but I think all the other people in line were just resellers lol. No size 3 in black kerchief, only 4 and 5 and the first reseller couple bought both. Some more people trickled in after opening, but turnout was pretty mild- not unheard of given the town isn't really close to anything. They also had a Carmel exclusive chambray BD ( same as the other stores) with the heavy branding on the rear. Staff from both Japan and Los Angeles were there hanging, was cool to see everyone.

View attachment 2062625 View attachment 2062627 View attachment 2062629
View attachment 2062637

Hey bro good to see you here 😎 I think the "couple" were that we met and had talked about, but who knows! As we said, the brand doesn't seem to mind so all is fair- let's hope that black Friday will land you something for your efforts

norigim

Reaction score
Damn you waited since 2am? That’s crazy. The US stores need to institute a lottery like the JP stores for high demand items.

I’m surprised, how large the space is, that there wasn’t any place to actually sit down and drink what you purchase from LCC.

I chatted a bit with some folks and they said the stock would be less than LA store for sure and size runs would be similar (no 1 and very limited 2). They did confirm that they would do trunk shows in that location. For folks in the Bay Area may be easier.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know the couple who were the first two in line and not only are they not resellers, the guy is already wearing his kerchief around today. Pretty wack behavior for you to even suggest that. Styleforum gatekeeping at its finest.

Funny you would hide behind a computer to talk trash but didn't have the courage to say that to them in person. Big yikes.
Buddy I literally said I didn't care if they are resellers, it's simply supply and demand. Furthermore I didn't even say it like a pejorative. It just seemed like people, given it was a store opening, are less and less interested compared to when it had a huge cult following. Get over yourself

Edit: lol at also wearing his kerchief today. Who gives a ****

Last edited:

kogepan

Reaction score
You literally accused them of being resellers and mocked that they are a "couple".
Don't try to gaslight me.

What an insecure tech bro walking it back now lmaaaoooooooooooo

Say it with your chest if you're going to talk trash about people you don't know.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't recall what they were, married or otherwise, so couple, partner, whatever. Im not walking it back, I'm sure they'll find a nice buyer overseas

kogepan

Reaction score
Except, once again. They weren't resellers.

They were wearing their purchase in front of Hiroki today.

Very difficult for you to understand. Dense AF.

kogepan

Reaction score
bahahaha insecure weeb tech bro didn't get to buy what he wants, accuses everyone in front of him in line of being a reseller

walks it back when he realizes everyone in front of him is on styleforum as well

this is peak comedy. you big mad lmao.
Buddy I literally said I didn't care if they are resellers, it's simply supply and demand. Furthermore I didn't even say it like a pejorative. It just seemed like people, given it was a store opening, are less and less interested compared to when it had a huge cult following. Get over yourself

Edit: lol at also wearing his kerchief today. Who gives a ****

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to take the bait since either you are one of them, or for some reason feel the need to defend them to death. I'm also not going to stoop to your level and hurl personal insults, neither which are true. Take care of yourself

kogepan

Reaction score
There is no bait, but clearly your reading comprehension is lacking.

Already made it clear I know the first two people in line.
Already clarified they're not resellers and kept their pieces they bought.

Seek help. Being able to process information is key in 2023.

maxfax

Reaction score
Journeyman and UT satchel (L). Didn't realize till I got home but they sew the hide on the UT now, kinda a bummer
What do you mean they sew the hide on the UT? Can you explain ? Planning to get the UT Satchel in S. And what size did you get in the Journeyman? Do they have enough stock?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Historically I think it was laced so it could be separated from the bag, for what I presume is for cleaning. The lace is gone now and its perma sewn. I doubt theres stock of the JM now, but am not sure.

maxfax

Reaction score
Historically I think it was laced so it could be separated from the bag, for what I presume is for cleaning. The lace is gone now and its perma sewn. I doubt theres stock of the JM now, but am not sure.
Thanks for explaining! Hopefully the JM and Liner vests are still available tmw if not many ppl turned up today.

Blancpain

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing pics of Carmel! I decided it was too far to drive up and sounds like no size 3 anyway. Not sure what's going on with the drama here lol. Lottery system would definitely be good so at least everyone in line could get something they want before someone bought all of them.

TBH after sales tax, platform fees, income tax (1099K forms this year in USA)... you'd have to sell a kerchief for like $6000 to make what, under 1000 bucks profit? Meh.

Also I just checked my UT satchel from 2020/21 and it is laced - didn't even realize the leather was removable. Cool.

L0wdown

Reaction score
Did you meet Hiroki rhere
Carmel opening was very quiet, only about 4 people in line myself included at time of opening. No offense if they're on here, but I think all the other people in line were just resellers lol. No size 3 in black kerchief, only 4 and 5 and the first reseller couple bought both. Some more people trickled in after opening, but turnout was pretty mild- not unheard of given the town isn't really close to anything. They also had a Carmel exclusive chambray BD ( same as the other stores) with the heavy branding on the rear. Staff from both Japan and Los Angeles were there hanging, was cool to see everyone.

View attachment 2062625 View attachment 2062627 View attachment 2062629
View attachment 2062637
Did you get to meet Hiroki?

philkim

Reaction score
Any tips to win over this fraud case?

Last week I purchased Visvim off white color 20L Ballistic bag that was 'Authenticated' from Grailed. From the user named 'avantgarde_official'.

I have talked to the user and he is blaming the faults on me.

I have reported in paypal for a refund, and grailed. However the websites are very slow on feedbacks. This user is still active selling his stuff.

The bag was totally fake compared to legit ones. I'm persuading the Grailed team and Paypal how it is a fake, also that this bag was authenticated in the first place.

Still the issue is on inspection

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-02 at 9.13.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-02 at 9.13.28 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
  • Screen Shot 2023-11-02 at 10.23.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-02 at 10.23.56 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2023-11-02 at 10.24.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-02 at 10.24.10 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2023-11-02 at 10.34.33 PM.png