• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oosterling

Reaction score
@christmas2010 like your tortuga and chromax. they both have paddle temples? could you post some detail pics?

rolex452

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by benn25

Im not sure the B&L ones come as seperate pieces in all fairness. I think they come as a whole piece; temple and tips. If you want just the tips you will have to go generic or follow the advice from Luxottica.

Hello again. I'll fill you all in on what happened regarding my original post about temple tips for a 37 year old pair of "Outdoorsman" Ambermatic sunglasses. The solution was a two part process: First, I went to an authorized Ray Ban dealer (PLENTY of those in the Miami Area), and I examined the current line of Ray Ban wire frame sunglasses similar to mine. To my delight, I found a couple of current "Aviator" type models almost exactly (or exactly) like the frames of the 70's and 80's. The temple lengths were exactly the same too. I wrote down the model #'s of these frames. Then I called the Luxottica Ray Ban repair department. I told them I needed the temple tips for one of those frames, specified "clear" color, and the temple length.

They sent me a pair for free, which arrived only a week later. I called the company to compliment them on being a "class act", and treating me so well!

For the "Ray-Ban Purists" out there: The tips are made in Italy, and are EXACTLY the same size & shape as the original tips from the 70's EXCEPT that there is no part number stamped into the tip, like the original. The part number was "W0226 00AS". Therefore, should I resell these sunglasses, I would not represent them as totally original, because of the replacement tips. Thanx!

Last edited:

benn25

Reaction score
Ok cool. Thats good to know. Great service by the sounds of it aswell. Well done mate. Glad you got what you needed in the end.

oosterling

Reaction score
@rolex btw by far most vintage rb aviators come without any stamp on the earpads..still it would be very correct to mention it in case of a resell. thumps up

AlexHou

Reaction score
@musehead : Hello, i read an earlier post about the B&L Ray Ban 62 14 aviators. I have a pair which has the above mentioned stamp as well as the B&L etchings by the hinges.. By all of descriptions, authentic. I was wondering if it's possible to determine specifically when this pair was made/retailed. I've noticed a big difference in sell-price with these models, namely with regard to whether they are newer makes of this style or actual vintage. Any insight? Also, would be interested in purchasing them? Thanks!
[/IMG]

Go Minam

Reaction score
Hello! I'm just wondering the authenticity of these aviators, and possibly around what year these could have been made/value if they are authentic,Your help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

oosterling

Reaction score
@AlexHou as for more specific details on production dates i unfortunately cant help you. to me it is still not clear when Leathers where produced. There is a serie called Leathers, but i think there were leather ray bans made before that specific serie started.

I think yours is from the Leathers series (i have an identical one). They have the G15 lenses. probably produced 1985 - 1998.

The following could help you better to identify the era when they were made i think

-B&L XX YY USA for models 60s, 70s and 80s
-B&L RAY-BAN XX YY for 90s models

Furthermore i cant see it clear from your photo, but the BL etching should consist out of 4 seperate parts E3 |_.

as for value, depending on the state i would say around 125 - 200 $ or maybe even up to 250 if theyre NOS.
as stated, i have an identical pair and therefore no interest

good luck

MaleneBayer

Reaction score
Hey there

I've got these sunglasses from Ray-Ban, that I might want to sell.

B&L Ray-Ban 62[ ]24. Would you be interested in buying them?

By the way, I live in Denmark.

Best Regards Malene Bayer

benn25

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some info on Fantasee lenses please. First known circa production? Lens quality comparable to other B&L lenses? Anything else of interest.

Kattia

Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to ask if you guys have ever seen authentic ray ban bausch & lomb without any logo on glass/arms/bridge... No logo at all, they do feel very solid, heavy lenses, straight frame, quality case...

Please help me out.

They were supposed to be made around 1950.

Last edited:

AlexHou

Reaction score
@Kattia
If you reference back in the thread, you'll find a lot of these answers, FYI. Checkout the attached screenshot from musehead (1 of the resident experts). It should help
All the Best, Alex

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads