• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vass Group buy II - Worldwide, Australia, Singapore

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has VASS conveyed the pricing structure for this large group order yet? I would be happy to specify and finalize details if I knew what the prices were :)

techaview

Reaction score
Cheers everyone, I have added the new orders and details to existing orders. Thanks to those who have detailed their order.

For those who have not done so, please detail your orders.
Please specify your choice of last, leather and boots/shoes style along with any options you'd like to include (i.e. flush metal toe-plates, double tapering to single leather soles etc.).
For example:
alco - Italian v-cap oxford, size 42.5 U-last, dark cognac calf + metal toes-taps

Please try to detail your order by 30th April 2014. If you know your Vass size, please include it as well.
PM sent.
Since it's an external link to another forum, PM sent on oxblood shell colour example.
can add me in? i have updated my last post. Thanks

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has VASS conveyed the pricing structure for this large group order yet? I would be happy to specify and finalize details if I knew what the prices were
smile.gif

Think you submit your makeup, then get a price back, then confirm/pull out.

arahat

Reaction score

Has VASS conveyed the pricing structure for this large group order yet? I would be happy to specify and finalize details if I knew what the prices were :)

JubeiSpiegel, as joiji says, we'll be waiting for everyone to detail their order until the 30th Apr deadline before getting Vass to price our orders. Whereupon you can decline, modify or change your order before final settlement by June 2014.

@techaview No worries, I've already added your 2 orders previously. The updated Vass group buy order list is:

Updated Vass group buy list

techaview

Reaction score

JubeiSpiegel, as joiji says, we'll be waiting for everyone to detail their order until the 30th Apr deadline before getting Vass to price our orders. Whereupon you can decline, modify or change your order before final settlement by June 2014.

@techaview No worries, I've already added your 2 orders previously. The updated Vass group buy order list is:

Updated Vass group buy list

Thanks!

simian

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a couple of models on this group buy. I haven't tried Vass, and would appreciate some guidance on Vass sizing.

These are the sizes and lasts that fit me very well:
G&G: 6E all lasts. The G&G lasts fit me the best
EG: 6E 82, 888 lasts (I haven't tried any other last)
Carmina: 6 in Rain, 6.5 in Simpson (I haven't tried any other last)
Saint Crispins: 5.5 in Chiseled last (model 523) (not sure about the width of the model, haven't tried any other last)

I'd like to consider on of the sleeker lasts in Vass (U or F?). I like snug shoes.

What size, width should I go for? Thanks...

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm looking to get a couple of models on this group buy. I haven't tried Vass, and would appreciate some guidance on Vass sizing.

These are the sizes and lasts that fit me very well:
G&G: 6E all lasts. The G&G lasts fit me the best
EG: 6E 82, 888 lasts (I haven't tried any other last)
Carmina: 6 in Rain, 6.5 in Simpson (I haven't tried any other last)
Saint Crispins: 5.5 in Chiseled last (model 523) (not sure about the width of the model, haven't tried any other last)

I'd like to consider on of the sleeker lasts in Vass (U or F?). I like snug shoes.

What size, width should I go for? Thanks...

Euro 39 in F last standard width should fit you.

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@arahat
Change my antique cognac calf to antique cognac shell. What the heck.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wonderful, very helpful. Is there a material difference between 39 and 39.5? More specifically, is 39 in F = 39.5 in U?

39 in F and 39 in U will be identical in length and width. The big difference is the taper at the toe. Some people need to go up a half size in U to accommodate their toes and some can get away with the same size in both lasts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads