• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Used eBay shoes for $50

DShareef

Reaction score
I certainly am rnoldh. These look like a truely classy pair of shoes. When I get them, I'll clean them up and post them. Thanks for your comments and thanks all for your insight. This board is truely a wonderful resource.

topbroker

Reaction score
I recently let my bidding get way out of line on a nice pair of AE black and white Broadstreet wingtips, size 12D. I let my presence be known too early (big mistake!), and since the other bidder was aggressive and I'm a shark myself, it got ugly. I finally caved when the bidding went above $215 on a pair of lightly used shoes that is $295 new! It was insane.

Ultimately I picked up the same model as new factory seconds at the AE Shoe Bank at their Port Washington, Wisconsin headquarters for $222. Very happy with them, too.

DShareef

Reaction score
I am amazed at the instability and unpredictability of the second hand shoes market on ebay. The pair you bid on got above $200 while the pair I bid on went for $20. I've learned my lesson; Watch, pinpoint and when presented with an appropriate opportunity, attack. The other notion that seems to hold is that one should never get too attached to any item while bidding. This is quite difficult for me as I tend to get attached to things quickly.

Vecsus

Reaction score
I bought a pair of used Black Sanfords and lightly used Brown (light brown in fact) Sanfords last year. Between the pair I paid about $50 with shipping. Wonderful shoes. I had the Black pair resoled for $40 and they are good as new.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WalkmanX
Always bid as late as possible, try a bid sniper such as esteal.com for last second bids. Never ever bid early because someone will always out bid you.

With that said, what you guys think about my recent purchase for $15
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300009197781

I own those - they're pretty cool. Usually with black boots I would prefer a more squared toe, but I already own a couple of boots with the squarer toe, so the round toe worked for me.

DShareef

Reaction score
I hate to be the guy that bumps his own thread but unfortunately time, or lack there of, requires me to be that guy. This auction ends in about 90 minutes and I am interested provided the shoes are of the quality and ilk I believe the to be. Of course, my expertise is limited as the best pair of shoes I currently have in my closet are Cole Haan's. I'm working on it though and with your help, I'll get there. Thanks again.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they're 10 bucks. at that price i'd say they're worth a try.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think we've all payed more then that for a coffee at starbucks. lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads