• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

camez_

Reaction score
Hi all, interested in making a pair of trousers for a sports jacket I had made in standeven capetown bunch (navy mesh jacketing wool/mohair) - i was suggested the Fresco Lite (8/9oz) in a medium grey? How does this cloth hold up for a pair of single pleated trousers, performance wise? - for dressy summer occasions.

Or would it be a wiser decision to stick with Fresco, Crispaire, standeven explorer, dugdale tropicalair?

Would be great to receive your opinion.

Thanks

fresco lite is a solid cloth, the drape becomes even better with a bit more weight as the mentioned ones have (tropicalair and most of the other high twist fresco are the same as standeven's explorer)

4ply was already mentioned, a quite spongy cloth but drapes great. if you can get your hands on loro piana sopra visso that would be another contender (higher weight, different mill) or lovat's bard

Cerutti has been bought and to my knowledge Oxygen is not available anymore from the new owners.

What is your information?

some asian distributors still have the old oxygen stocked. piacenza will likely present a new oxygen summer bunch (as they did with the winter bunch as well)

also got some new treasures - the unfunded stack is getting out of hand though
PrWFO.jpg

PrCAl.jpg

camez_

Reaction score
Btw. Does anyone have a recommendation for a sharp, crisp cotton with some body that holds a crease well in off-white or bone?

I’m looking for fabric for a pair of summer trousers, something to wear with a sport coat, so not overly casual. Please avoid linen, peached cottons, or moleskins. Thanks!

brisbane moss shakespeare is what you're looking for
or the cotton in loro piana's mare

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lp cashmere cloud
piacenza has some mega lightweight cloth at around 200g
and zegna as well.

if you want cashmere, you should go mega light and if it is available, open weave, however, I haven't seen open weave cashmere summer jacketing for a while now
IMG_1879.jpeg

Barbera wool cashmere silk mock Leno.

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw. Does anyone have a recommendation for a sharp, crisp cotton with some body that holds a crease well in off-white or bone?

I’m looking for fabric for a pair of summer trousers, something to wear with a sport coat, so not overly casual. Please avoid linen, peached cottons, or moleskins. Thanks!

Dugdale cottons (I forget the name of the bunch) are fantastic. Holds its shape really well.

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I probably have double of that

I thought my stack of 15ish lengths was getting big lol.

Side note, since Caraceni in Milan is closing, I wonder what will happen to her massive stash of cloth. Some real treasure in there im sure.

camez_

Reaction score
I thought my stack of 15ish lengths was getting big lol.

Side note, since Caraceni in Milan is closing, I wonder what will happen to her massive stash of cloth. Some real treasure in there im sure.

you can probably go in and buy whatever you like
rest will be scooped up by a merchant

Fad P

Reaction score
Dugdale cottons (I forget the name of the bunch) are fantastic. Holds its shape really well.
Thank you, seems like it would be the Equinox bunch. Looks promising!

Related question ––
I have a pair of RTW trousers in a 50/50 cotton and viscose mix (from a fashion brand). Sounds unorthodox but they've been really great. Do you guys know if any proper mill would ever do a mix like that?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smith.Johnson