• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate White T-Shirt

mizanation

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tundrafour
I like Calvin Klein and Uniqlo, too. The fabric and construction of the latter is a bit nicer, in my opinion.

Unfortunately, I spilled red wine all over the front of both of my white Uniqlo t-shirts and am no longer in Japan, so I haven't been able to wear them recently!

you're in luck if you live in the new york area, they have 2 stores (soon 3) in nyc, and a couple in new jersey.

about uniqlo t's. i am definitely a believer. for most skinny guys, they will be a little too boxy, but for people who have a more athletic build, they are perfect.

they have two styles.

1) the regular style, which is nice and soft, holds up well in the wash.
2) the dry-fit model, which seems a little thicker, feels a little smoother. it's supposed to draw moisture away from the skin and shed it outside of the fabric so it can evaporate. i tested this out yesterday in 100+ degree nyc weather and it seemed to work.

mikee

Reaction score
FYI, the dry-fit model is definitely more fitted. Tried the 'M' in both and found the regular style, which is nice and soft, to be quite roomy. 3 dry-fits for $12.50 when I was there. Great deal.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brunello Cucinelli

mizanation

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikee
FYI, the dry-fit model is definitely more fitted. Tried the 'M' in both and found the regular style, which is nice and soft, to be quite roomy. 3 dry-fits for $12.50 when I was there. Great deal.

yeah, you're right about the fit, forgot to mention it. gonna get some more dry-fits today! also, the dry-fit fabric also doesn't stretch as much as the regular model. it keeps it shape better.

JEdge

Reaction score
My favorite bargain T's are Merona as well.

The last time i bought some from Target there was some sort of heavyweight version. I always knew which ones to buy because the normal weight T's were in packs of 3, while the heavier weighted kind were in packs of 2.

While probably not the softest shirts in the world, the neck fits me perfectly and hold up amazingly in the wash. It doesnt get disfigured or anything. I wear my white t's untill they fall apart, and after about a year of wearing these shirts the neck still looks great.

mikee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by otterhound
Is the dry fit cotton?
the dry fit's somewhere between 60-70% cotton. the rest polyester. it keeps its shape better than the full cotton shirt. i got the dry-fit vnecks. fairly deep vneck, but not as deep as american apparel's. much better construction than american apparel as well imo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads