• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Snaap

Reaction score
Im looking to buy my first blazer, it should be pretty casual - a solid black/gray is not what I'm looking for.(Wearing it with mostly tees+jeans+suede boots bc)
Budget is 80-100€ (~150$), any brands I should look into?

Also I havent been able to find a fitting shirt in ages, I have kinda big shoulders and chest but short arms and relativly short upperbody - so most shirts are to tight on top but way to loose and long on the bottom - any advice?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Poncho1992

Reaction score
I will make this post as short as possible.

Graduated from uni - getting first job - £1200 budget for a new business wardrobe - living in the UK.

I already own Loake Chesters but I think they are not entirely appropriate for business wear? Won't be a business casual job. I have gathered I will be buying 2 suits and 2 pairs of shoes. I have been thinking of purchasing the following:

Suits: http://eu.suitsupply.com/suits/suit...GB,pd.html?start=13&cgid=Suits&srule=PriceAsc
OR: http://eu.suitsupply.com/suits/suit...GB,pd.html?start=57&cgid=Suits&srule=PriceAsc

AND http://eu.suitsupply.com/suits/suit..._GB,pd.html?start=6&cgid=Suits&srule=PriceAsc

As it can be seen above the suits I'm considering are from Suit Supply. If anyone can recommend a better brand for the money please do so but bear in mind I live in the UK. For shoes I've been looking at Merrmin classic line as they seem to be fantastic value for money.

one black (oxford) http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1922
one dark brown (double monk) http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2338

Again if anyone can recommend me something better then please do so. With the remainder of the budget I will be buying some shirts and ties (will be looking on here for a bundle of ties - recommend YOURS if you think they will work for me). Should I look at online tailors for shirts?

Thoughts? Am I doing this business wardrobe start up right? Be as critical as you like, it can only help.

Thanks!

Jackal77

Reaction score
Can anybody recommend me a discrete leather wallet, that can hold around 5 cards or so?
I have been eyeballing the Saddleback alternatives, but fear that the leather may be too thick and inconvenient.

curledview

Reaction score
Dockers makes a really legit wallet, and trust me i dont listen to punk or metal.
i was cruising the Bay in vancouver looking for a good wallet, i was getting really frusturated by all the old man wallets, and the gimmicky fossil fold out super ID wallets. nothing was practical that fit 6 cards and looked sharp. then i found the dockers wallet.
ill try to find some pics, i had one for a year and it looked great with a bit of wear. simple design, $25. perfect

Last edited:

warrjs

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I'm just getting into the world of raw denim, and it's a bit overwhelming. I was hoping you all could assist me in my search for some well-fitting denim.

My first purchase was a pair of APC New Standards, 30". They fit wonderfully, and will stretch out a bit over time. I'm looking for some heavier denim to augment my wardrobe, but I don't know which fits would be best. I'm looking for anything similar to the NS fit.

Thus far I've looked into the Naked and Famous Weirdguy, the Iron Heart 666S, and Nudie Grim Tim's. I like being able to cuff my jeans at the base, as well as the stacking fades that occur with longer inseams.

If you all could list (heavier) denim with a similar fit/style to the New Standards, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here are the APC New Standard measurements. I wear a 30" waist.

BigC222

Reaction score
Any fleece-lined waterproof/resistant pants that look good? Canadian winter coming up :(

Fellow Canadian here feeling your pain. I suggest looking at more technical brands like Arcteryx or Isaora for "waterproof" (I find that is a very misleading term... Nothing, even Gor-tex is totally waterproof short of wearing rubber everything). Though I think you're better off finding a pair of water resistant pants and then maybe wearing tights underneath because I don't think there are many fleece-lined water resistant pants. It would kind of defeat the purpose as the fleece would soak up moisture plus usually these kind of pants are shells with expectations that you wear something underneath.

EDIT: Is this what you're kind of looking for? http://www.isaora.com/#/collections...l-winter-13-14/products/cuffed-judo-pant-grey

Last edited:

a bag of it

Reaction score
I'm looking to expand my 'mature' shoe collection. I got started in the hypebeast/nike sb scene, and now I'm transitioning into a more mature look. Currently my 'mature' shoe collection consists of a pair of quoddy boat mocs and brown suede desert boots. I was thinking about Quoddy's grizzly boots as a winter solution, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to drop that much cash on a shoe that looks so similar to the only quality shoe I already have. Since I already have beater winter boots, I could skip the winter boot and look in a different direction. I really like the look of Alden shell, but I can only see the chukka and maybe the plain toe boots fitting my aesthetic. I really want the chukka in cigar and the plain toe boots in color 8, but I'm not sure if now is the best time for those since I have no use for a formal or even business casual shoe.

Bortelli

Reaction score
Ok, I am slowly building my wardrobe And I was wondering If I can get some pointers. Currently I own black pants, run of the mill blue jeans, white vans. And some casual beater shirts.

I just bought a parka from uniqlo but I dont know what will go well with. Any ideas? Black pants with beige parka?

Also what color pants can I buy that will work with beige?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads