• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Max_Yeah_True

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
On the off chance that you aren't a troll...

That all looks like ****.

No one is going to set you up with a wardrobe, nor should they.

You are going to grow in the next 10 years, so buying good clothes is kind of pointless.

Honestly, just learn to play piano or breakdance or something, it's way more important at that stage of life.

wtf lol... ok... maybe we dont have the same fashion sense? and im pretty much done growing i had my birth sprout at 12. i have a full set of facial hair and look like im 18. im also 6 feet tall.

and wtf why would i be a troll. who trolls fashion forums. how does it look like ****???? it looks pretty chill to me.

show me something that you would call fashionable?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Looks beyond terrible. Stupid pocket embellishment, random and useless double inseam, all tied together with a childish watch and sneakers that look like they were designed by a blind fool.

Max_Yeah_True

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Looks beyond terrible. Stupid pocket embellishment, random and useless double inseam, all tied together with a childish watch and sneakers that look like they were designed by a blind fool.

you mad?

like i said, show me something that you would call fashionable

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max_Yeah_True
wtf lol... ok... maybe we dont have the same fashion sense? and im pretty much done growing i had my birth sprout at 12. i have a full set of facial hair and look like im 18. im also 6 feet tall.

and wtf why would i be a troll. who trolls fashion forums. how does it look like ****???? it looks pretty chill to me.

winner.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
you mad? like i said, show me something that you would call fashionable
Lulz. This clown sent me a pm titled "no repect...." with the message "wow."
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"I need advice! I don't know about this ****!"
"I know about this ****, and here is some advice."
"**** you!"

Also dude, just because you're tall doesn't mean you're going to have the same body in 3 or 4 years' time. Your muscles are still developing, and most men don't stop growing until their early 20s, even if they had an early growth spurt (or, as you call it, "birth sprout").

It looks like **** because... it looks like ****. The jeans look bad; they are lumpy and wrinkly and do not in any way flatter the human form. The shoes look bad, like Nike running shoes. The shirt looks bad, and it should not be tucked in. All-white accessories is a little bit douchey as a go-to look.

As for something I consider stylish: I think a lot of things can be stylish. Like this:
LeftB-Bike.jpg

Notice: Boots are elegant and attractive, with a slim profile. You can take the heel or leave it, but I like it. Jeans are slim through the leg, but not so tight that they make the leg look like sausages. It wrinkles and stacks at the ankle, but it doesn't have the weird wave effect of your photo. T-shirt is slim but not too slim. Jacket is simple, but has lots of personality.

If you want douchey clubwear like the stuff you posted, this is not the forum for you.

Max_Yeah_True

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
"I need advice! I don't know about this ****!" "I know about this ****, and here is some advice." "**** you!" Also dude, just because you're tall doesn't mean you're going to have the same body in 3 or 4 years' time. Your muscles are still developing, and most men don't stop growing until their early 20s, even if they had an early growth spurt (or, as you call it, "birth sprout"). It looks like **** because... it looks like ****. The jeans look bad; they are lumpy and wrinkly and do not in any way flatter the human form. The shoes look bad, like Nike running shoes. The shirt looks bad, and it should not be tucked in. All-white accessories is a little bit douchey as a go-to look. As for something I consider stylish: I think a lot of things can be stylish. Like this:
LeftB-Bike.jpg
Notice: Boots are elegant and attractive, with a slim profile. You can take the heel or leave it, but I like it. Jeans are slim through the leg, but not so tight that they make the leg look like sausages. It wrinkles and stacks at the ankle, but it doesn't have the weird wave effect of your photo. T-shirt is slim but not too slim. Jacket is simple, but has lots of personality. If you want douchey clubwear like the stuff you posted, this is not the forum for you.

Thank you for actually helping and saying what IS fashionable... but boots? ehhh.... i guess im not there yet haha. ill stick to my douche clothes for now? know any sites that would be more suitable for my douchiness? and lul, birth sprout. i had a brainfart, and didnt know any other way to explain it
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Lulz. This clown sent me a pm titled "no repect...." with the message "wow."
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Come at me bro.

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a replacement for my tri-fold wallet. Was considering both a money clip and a cardholder, but I think a cardholder would work best in the long run, as I don't really like having things in my front pocket because of the bulge. So I'll be carrying cards and cash in it, and I'm looking for it to be as slim as possible. Have about 5 cards so maybe two card slots would work.

Someone posted something about J.Fold on here but I couldn't find the specific one that I liked and I can't really get a grasp of how large/thick these things are from their website. The closest retailer that sells them appears to be two hours away, too, so I can't check them out in person.

Any recommendations?

OT: How important is it to carry your healthcare card around? Also, I have my dental insurance card in my wallet and I have no idea why, is there even a point to carrying it around? What about auto insurance stuff; should I just put that in my car's glove box?

wgbennett83

Reaction score
I'm looking for some loafers to wear mostly with shorts but also maybe with chinos. Any recommendations?

wgbennett83

Reaction score
OT: How important is it to carry your healthcare card around? Also, I have my dental insurance card in my wallet and I have no idea why, is there even a point to carrying it around? What about auto insurance stuff; should I just put that in my car's glove box?

I carry a small card case / money clip but keep a wallet in my car with the rest of my cards. Works out really well for me.

Reaction score
Looking to pick up a pair of Sperry boat shoes and was wondering what color people would recommend for my first pair. I'm leaning towards white because I think they'd probably be the most versatile but I'm really liking the blue and grey. Thanks for any tips.

AHShadow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gwydion
That's what goes for fashionable here in Montreal
laugh.gif

Since we're talking about fashion in Montreal...I also live in Mtl and would like to know if you know any where to get some APC jeans? I know there's a place at "Les cours Mont-Royal" but the jeans go for 210$ and seems way more expensive than what APC's go for in the U.S. I'm assuming it's because of the shipping + the exchange rate, but was wondering if there's other places I can get them relatively cheaper.

gwydion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AHShadow
Since we're talking about fashion in Montreal...I also live in Mtl and would like to know if you know any where to get some APC jeans? I know there's a place at "Les cours Mont-Royal" but the jeans go for 210$ and seems way more expensive than what APC's go for in the U.S. I'm assuming it's because of the shipping + the exchange rate, but was wondering if there's other places I can get them relatively cheaper.
Yeah, you won't find anything equivalent to what you'd pay if you got it from the US or even other canadian retailers. Hell, N&F jeans at Influence-U(St. Catherine next to Mcdonalds on Guy) go for like $180-200
laugh.gif

Max Biggavel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gwydion
Yeah, you won't find anything equivalent to what you'd pay if you got it from the US or even other canadian retailers. Hell, N&F jeans at Influence-U(St. Catherine next to Mcdonalds on Guy) go for like $180-200
laugh.gif

get them at simons, theyre way cheaper than that iirc

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads