• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tom Ford Spring Summer 2012

GradSchooler

Reaction score

The length from collar to point is a bit over 3 inches and the back is about 1.5 inches

Thanks for that. I've been trying to describe this exact collar to tailors but had little success. The picture will help immensely. If you don't mind, what's the point to point spread/distance? Also, how big is that tie space?

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for that. I've been trying to describe this exact collar to tailors but had little success. The picture will help immensely. If you don't mind, what's the point to point spread/distance? Also, how big is that tie space?
Hopefully this helps you. But keep in mind that these measurements are for my size which is a 15.5/15.75. Your best bet if you are having it made is to ask them to see their collars and just pick out the one that you want, or if you are buying from a store just ask them to show you their different collars and just pick one with a high collar and the spread that you want.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would not mind a commercial version of the "English Drape".

Quarks

Reaction score
Great & refreshing adverts, more relaxed than previous seasons. Last season's wetherby wide leg reverse pleated pants were much debated (hated) but having been to several boutiques around the world in the past year, the majority of TF's collection have been quite conservative and in no way reflects the adverts shown. Having said that, I am currently in London and I must say the quantity available is quite disappointing, both in Selfridges & Harrods. Less than 6 variation of shoes with limited sizes, and the possibly same number of different fabrics/colours combined for suits and even lesser number of variation of sports coats....perhaps 3 maximum? Disappointing. I thought Australia's collection was poor, clearly expected a lot more from London. Nevertheless, did pick up a couple of clothing pieces.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great & refreshing adverts, more relaxed than previous seasons. Last season's wetherby wide leg reverse pleated pants were much debated (hated) but having been to several boutiques around the world in the past year, the majority of TF's collection have been quite conservative and in no way reflects the adverts shown. Having said that, I am currently in London and I must say the quantity available is quite disappointing, both in Selfridges & Harrods. Less than 6 variation of shoes with limited sizes, and the possibly same number of different fabrics/colours combined for suits and even lesser number of variation of sports coats....perhaps 3 maximum? Disappointing. I thought Australia's collection was poor, clearly expected a lot more from London. Nevertheless, did pick up a couple of clothing pieces.

Are you a big timer?

David Zaritsky

Reaction score
Took these pix the other day at the TF in NYC....this is the Falconer...much thinner lapels than the Regency I own...
Spoke to representatives there that were coming from an internal meeting which partly discussed the Bond film. They announced to me that the two new styles of suit Craig will wear in SkyFAll is the Falconer and the Wetherby. The Falconer is a VERY slim suit that Colin Firth wore in the Single Man. Very thin lapels etc...I tried on the suit and was able to capture some pix:

And here is the Regency Style B I bought...posing with the man himself...also wearing the TF shirt discussed above...

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You're a lucky man!! I would love to meet Tom Ford just to tell him how awesome he is!

Took these pix the other day at the TF in NYC....this is the Falconer...much thinner lapels than the Regency I own...
Spoke to representatives there that were coming from an internal meeting which partly discussed the Bond film. They announced to me that the two new styles of suit Craig will wear in SkyFAll is the Falconer and the Wetherby. The Falconer is a VERY slim suit that Colin Firth wore in the Single Man. Very thin lapels etc...I tried on the suit and was able to capture some pix:

And here is the Regency Style B I bought...posing with the man himself...also wearing the TF shirt discussed above...

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spoke to representatives there that were coming from an internal meeting which partly discussed the Bond film.  They announced to me that the two new styles of suit Craig will wear in SkyFAll is the Falconer and the Wetherby.  The Falconer is a VERY slim suit that Colin Firth wore in the Single Man.  Very thin lapels etc...I tried on the suit and was able to capture some pix:

How about some pics of the Wetherby suit, David? I look forward to more Tom Ford podcasts. :D

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Odd that they're reading La Repubblica. That's like Turnbull & Asser having a campaign with the model reading The Guardian...

Last edited:

Quarks

Reaction score

Are you a big timer?

Hardly. I wish. :)

They have the Falconer here in London as well but in black and peak lapels only, and the lapel is indeed very slim. So unlike TF's regular line. I should have tried it on but it didn't appeal to me at all at first glance & at deeper inspection. The sleeves consist of 3-button surgeon's cuffs which appear quite out of balance to me.
Off-topic, at Selfridges, they have a very nice blue 3-piece Base A suit that looks almost dark navy blue at certain light conditions & gunmetal blue at other. Very unique. A tinge of sheen that resembles mohair (but not made with mohair)..... could have been mine. :/

Quarks

Reaction score
Another feature about the Falconer, the shoulder stitch does not run at a slant angle from forward superiorly to backwards inferiorly (ala Anderson & Sheppard) like the rest of TF suits but a straight line down.

David Zaritsky

Reaction score
Ahhh, Mohair...was going to have my suit made of Mohair but favored the three season fabric I went with...you probably saw the video but below was the experience:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads