• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's pretty cold in my office. Zipping the DR all the way up looks weird. This is how I usually wear the DRs, both of them.

The cuffs...yeah I cuff all of my pants sans trousers made out of wool/cashmere/drapey fabrics. I don't like the stacking effect at all. I originally hemmed them to 32'' and then to 30", haha.

The DR is as edgy as I get. Although I'm mighty tempted to buy a red calf Moto before the hiatus.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i don't know what is going on with your cuffs man, if you're wearing a leather you should have them rolled out over the shoes.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I noticed you've recommended black goat for the A-2 a couple of times. Is there a reason for black over brown in this case? Is it the contrast between the darker brown goat leather against the fur and ribbing?
Apropos of nothing, did you ever link up with that unreasonably handsome guy (I forget his name, but I think he had a grey MDR) for some product photoshoots?

yes, it's exactly that - People ask 'what color is the dark brown goat?' and I think I've said many times (and it's recorded on the site or something) that dark brown goat is nearly black, with only hints of brown in some lights - since people tend to go for the idea of a material's integrity over the color in a 1-2 priority in that case, black goat is more reliable to recommend.

you're talking about jakekrait? He said he was coming to Tokyo later this summer but hasn't checked into styfo for awhile I think.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

question is for me ? I am in Shanghai right now, I spend 2 months in Japan every year.

yes that was to you, I see. I was gonna recommend just coming down and getting measured in person but that's alright. At least you will have a chance to check out the TOJ store when it comes to being. :devil:

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta make a hair on hide cb2 chair
it s not thaaaat original since he did use it on the lounge chair
but I've never seen a pony hide cb2
yes that was to you, I see. I was gonna recommend just coming down and getting measured in person but that's alright. At least you will have a chance to check out the TOJ store when it comes to being.
devil.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
hair on hide is one of the easiest ways to ape the look of designer furniture though, can be done with the Chinese fakes and they look half decent for what they are. It's tanned/dyed gull frain leather that sets furniture apart, normally a leather in great leather costs a fortune. Huge markup on leather furniture, even more than the traditional markup on leather garments.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If I could have my way, I'd have a whole stock of that medium whisky Italian calfskin, and do a chesterfield in it :devil:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always cuff my jeans, man. I know it's not for everyone, but I dig it.

I'm excited to see you get a brick and mortar store set up soon. Hopefully I'll see a nice car of some sort parked in front and DK in a bespoke suit inside the store.

The ToJ story still impresses me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads