• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

" Tissot Watch Brand " Who owns this watch Brand ? and Do you like the quality?

Mathew J

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
As an Omega owner, I'm offended.
plain.gif

Seriously? I also an am Omega owner and would be happy with this comparison, they both represent wonderful values for the dollar when compared to many other makes out there...then again I care little for percieved value.

SansNom

Reaction score
Tissot does make nice enough watches. I have no watch now but I have definitely considered the Tissot Heritage watches.

I lust for a Vacheron Constantin but since it will be many years before that will happen I am looking for a decent, dressy-appropriate watch and I think Tissot's Heritage do fit that bill. Given this sales season it may be time to get one on significant discount...

doughboy

Reaction score
Yes I just purchased a Tissot watch its very attractive I get a lot of compliments on it. Its not a well known as a Rolex but it is a very reputable brand from the swiss family of watches. The one I have I paid about 1300 for but worth it. Do buy the cheaper ones off line Tissot will not warranty them. For me any swiss made or swiss movement watch I would take over a Japanese movement brand. That's just me. I have this watch google this serial number T024.427.17.051.00 its black looks better in person. I paid 1300 for mine but have seen them as high as 1600 as low as 950 better to buy from a authorized dealer to retain the warranty.

parsowi

Reaction score
I can afford Tag, Rolex, etc., but the exact style I love was found in a Tissot Powermatic 80 COSC chronometer. Beautiful and simple style...exceptional reliability and accuracy. Unique movement and certification...why Tissot? Great watch, great brand, great value, and more than anything, it's what I like!

Let the debate begin again!

KYHillbilly

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Tissot as well. I have a Tag Heur and a Gerard Perregaux on the high end of my watch collection, but my everyday watch is a Tissot Le Locle Chronometre. I love the thing. The one other watch that gets significant wrist time is my Seiko "Sumo" for diving and outdoor use. The Tissot, though, is my day to day companion.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't go bonkers for watches unlike shell cordovans, but wanted a time piece as an M-F wear that can cater to suits but also to a certain level of casualness.

My budget was < 5 bills.

The PRC-200 (quartz) white dial caught my eye after browsing at a local AD. It was even cheaper via AMZN, albeit the chrono was a grey-market item.

All-in-all, I can't say I'm an aficionado in the watch game, but Tissot does a lot for what I'm paying.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife offered me a Tissot perpetual calendar when we got engaged with a personalised engraved caseback. It holds a tremendous sentimental value but even if it wasn't the case I'd still love the watch. Sure, it's a Swiss quartz; not a mechanical, but I don't care. I wear it on a regular basis.

I find Tissot to be a good gap (along with Hamilton) between the cheaper brands (Seiko, Citizen and Bulova) and the pricier brands. Sure, I'm aware it´s not an Omega but it isn't priced as such either.

Go for it I say! I have a couple of Tissot on my wishlist!

Not my picture. I borrowed it on Google Image from a Watchuseek forum user.

Last edited:

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About a year and a half ago, I picked up a late '60's Tissot Seastar, via eBay. My first Tissot. The size and the uncluttered dial w/trapazoidal date window, appealed to me. (The current fashion for wristwatches the size of a pie plate, and the better part of an inch thick, with multiple sub-dials, isn't to my taste.)

It keeps good time for a mechanical movement (calibre 782-1), which isn't to say that it (or almost any mechanical watch) comes close to the accuracy of a quartz movement. Then again, so what if my watch is off by 20 seconds? I've never embarrassed myself in front of a client because I showed up 20 seconds early for a meeting. Nor have I ever been turned away by my host for having arrived 20 seconds late for a dinner party.

Anyway, it's a Tissot Visodate Seastar, with pearlized-look face. It came to me wearing a goldtone Speidel stretch band, which I more or less immediately replaced with a reddish-brown faux crocodile 16mm strap I had sitting in a dresser drawer. I find it's versatile enough to look appropriate with anything from chinos to a suit. (I don't care that a fictional British spy has led people to believe that diver's watches are appropriate with anything up to and including a tuxedo. I'm a dinosaur, and still recognize a distinction between "sport watch" and "dress watch.")

In certain ways, I almost regard the watch as sort of a poor man's Omega Seamaster Deville (of its era). But it set me back rather less than the price of a tank of gas for my car, which leaves it a heck of a lot less expensive than a good condition vintage Omega Seamaster Deville. Thus leaving the Tissot as something of a "beater" dress watch, if that kind of description makes any sense.

parsowi

Reaction score
Just had to post a pic of my watch...and for only a little above $1,200...? Outstanding...

Let's start a debate over whose watch is more elegant...I vote for my Tissot...

Pictures anyone???

CraigC

Reaction score
Here's mine. I've had this for over 5 years. In that time the battery has been changed twice.

Not expensive at all, and gets plenty of admiring comments

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads