• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ties

paul44

Reaction score
I like to keep my ties at a minimum, but certainly I wear Drake's and Charvet most, as they're versatile and hold up well, hold their own.  

I would like to try a Marinella, though, just to see what it's about.

StagRaven

Reaction score
Just starting to dress like I should
wink.gif
, sooooo... Remington Alvin-Dennis x2 Dean-Mar Alexandre Ralph Lauren Hmm, perhaps this is one case where one should not complain about getting ties for holidays
laugh.gif

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
How are the Vacca house ties?

koji
Pretty good actually - original price is $175 but I picked up a 4-fold puppy for $90 a few months ago during their sale. Love it, though not worth the full $175 asking price.

Panzer

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(LA Guy @ Feb. 20 2005,01:28) Quote We? Please do not include yourself and say "you" as you obviously could not.
Your English skills fail you again.
Yeah, but you he did have a point. Â Sort of.[/quote] He was just fighting the Battle of the Bulge (German side. Also, see other threads from last night.) History repeated itself in an unconsequential fashion. The French, ernest included (and apologies to Fabienne) can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The French, ernest included (and apologies to Fabienne) can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.
And what about chineese?

As you seem to be full of prejudices about foreign people, can you confim us their reputation = hypocrital, stingy and dirty ?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And what about chineese? (sic)

As you seem to be full of prejudices about foreign people, can you confim us their reputation = hypocrital, stingy and dirty ? (sic)

Yes, we (and I speak for all Asians now, not just those of Chinese origin) are all of the above.

And to make it clear, I don't have actually have prejudices against the French - a good number of my colleagues and friends are French, and I appreciate lots of things about France and French culture. Ironically, that you are allowed to live your useless life is something I admire about the French welfare state (although sometimes I think the concept is taken too far - the French Civil Service, for example, is stifling to academic advancement.) I was merely stating a fact. In the history of modern warfare, France has not been much of anything but a hindrance to its allies. There are exceptions dating back to the American War of Independence; but since then, Frenchmen have seemed capable only of defeating other Frenchmen. It *is* funny.

You, on the other hand, and not just from this post, seem to subscribe to a number of rather viscious stereotypes, primarily about Asians and Americans. Makes one wonder.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zegna
Burberry
Thomas Pink
Borrelli
Brooks Brothers
and
Nautica (from a previous life)
Does Pink worth his price or is it like shirts?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, we (and I speak for all Asians now, not just those of Chinese origin) are all of the above.  
One more time you feel yourself invested of a mission = SPEAK for others.

Once. Speak in your own name and let the others speak by themselves ( let ALEX speak on the forum)

You are increadibly stupid as you go on telling the same rubbish, even the nose in your ****.

Stop talking about "the French" unless you think they are all the same.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more time you feel yourself invested of a mission = SPEAK for others.

Once. Speak in your own name and let the others speak by themselves ( let ALEX speak on the forum)

You are increadibly stupid as you go on telling the same rubbish, even the nose in your ****.

Stop talking about "the French" unless you think they are all the same.

You asked me to comment on whether the stereotype about the Chinese was correct. I answered in the affirmative. What's your gripe with that?

Alex seems willing to let me speak for him, and has thanked me for my support.

And okay, to be fair, by French, I mean, the French armed forces... and you. Salope.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One more time you feel yourself invested of a mission = SPEAK for others. Once. Speak in your own name and let the others speak by themselves ( let ALEX speak on the forum) You are increadibly stupid as you go on telling the same rubbish, even the nose in your ****. Stop talking about "the French" unless you think they are all the same.
You asked me to comment on whether the stereotype about the Chinese was correct. Â I answered in the affirmative. Â What's your gripe with that? Alex seems willing to let me speak for him, and has thanked me for my support. And okay, to be fair, by French, I mean, the French armed forces... and you. Salope.
I you were intelligent, you would understand that you can not speak for 3 billions of people. Did they ask you to speak in their name as Alex did? Has Alex a social phobia and need you to talk? Taking appart insults in French what interesting are you able to say (in any language)?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I you were intelligent, you would understand that you can not speak for 3 billions of people.
Not that I want into the middle of this, but ... China's population is not 3 billion, not even close. Count every person of Chinese ancenstry living outside China, and it still doesn't add up to even half that.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe you two should take your fight to personal messages. I don't know that much of anything is being added at this point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads