• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie Swap-Box Idea

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

FTFY :lol: I want in AFTER Spoo and/or Ed (Sorry Spoo.... his wools are just :inlove:)
But seriously I should get in after Spoo considering I shouted him out (There are some things that he has that I need)

I got that Jerry Garcia right here for ya man.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is a separate Tie Box. There is a Tie Box #1 going around, this would be #2. Whether this box is of the same level as the first is up to those who wish to contribute. For this box, there is a separate rotation and list - it's basically for those of us who did not get in on the first box fast enough.

So I don't get it. You're letting Dereks, Thinkderm, and Spoo in on box #2, but not me?

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I realize I only have a couple hundred ties to share, but come on... if you're going to exclude some members from box one, you really shouldn't pick and choose.

Last edited:

GHo

Reaction score
Should tie box #2 list be set up by location like box 1 is so we're not shipping back and forth from coast to coast?

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I don't get it. You're letting Dereks, Thinkderm, and Spoo in on box #2, but not me?

Not excluding anyone. I apologize for not making my acknowledgement of your inclusion clear.

FTFY :lol: I want in AFTER Spoo and/or Ed (Sorry Spoo.... his wools are just :inlove:)
But seriously I should get in after Spoo considering I shouted him out (There are some things that he has that I need)

I feel as if I have suddenly been delegated as the unofficial organizer of box #2.

This list is not ordered thus far. For the previous box, the list went in geographic order, starting furthest east and north and then moved around the continent clockwise. It has been previously suggested that this box start in the northwest and move counterclockwise.

^to my understanding, no one is excluded.
Plus, please understand DerekS and Spoo are big timers.

While the suggestion was brought up, I don't necessarily see box 2 as being of any lesser quality than box 1. Both will have what those in the rotation are willing to put in.

Moreover, the way I see this ending up working best in the long run is to actually have both boxes going through the same list at different points in different directions, so that both boxes are on the same circuit, but that will be able to be better explained at a time where I'm not rushing off.

Finally, the running Tally for box 2 so far is (In no particular order):

Forex
Sugarbutch
Mktitsworth
contactme_11
allaboutshoes
SpooPoker
ThinkDerm
DerekS
TheWGP
TheGho
gyasih

These are all the names on my previous version of the list plus the new additions. To keep the wait time on the whole thing from being egregious, I think the list is probably close to finished, so everybody on box #2 PM me your city, state, and I will put together a first draft of the rotation.

LEVOOSH

Reaction score
Just to clarify and not to be a jerk but I think everyone is getting a little too excited about this considering that we haven't started (I hope to recieve the package today, and if so, ship tomorrow)

The parameters of this proposed TSB#2 are not clear - is TSB#2 going to be an expanded version of TSB#1, so that all of the ties at the completion of round 1 will then become part of TSB#2?

I personally think that TSB#1 should make its rounds 2 times between the existing members before TSB#2 starts.

Alternatively, TSB#2 could run simultaneously with its own 15 or so members.

The last option is to include the additional members like SB, ****, etc. who had signed up for TSB#2 and expand TSB#1 for the second round, but then we need to cap the entries because we dont want it to take 5 months to wind its way around the continent.

Can we decide and clarify. I'm interested in participating again but being first on this list (and I'm not bitching here, because this will be awesome) I was looking forward to getting the surpirse box back after everyone had contributed and seeing the varied selection.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Just to clarify and not to be a jerk but I think everyone is getting a little too excited about this considering that we haven't started (I hope to recieve the package today, and if so, ship tomorrow)
The parameters of this proposed TSB#2 are not clear - is TSB#2 going to be an expanded version of TSB#1, so that all of the ties at the completion of round 1 will then become part of TSB#2?
I personally think that TSB#1 should make its rounds 2 times between the existing members before TSB#2 starts.
Alternatively, TSB#2 could run simultaneously with its own 15 or so members.
The last option is to include the additional members like SB, ****, etc. who had signed up for TSB#2 and expand TSB#1 for the second round, but then we need to cap the entries because we dont want it to take 5 months to wind its way around the continent.
Can we decide and clarify. I'm interested in participating again but being first on this list (and I'm not bitching here, because this will be awesome) I was looking forward to getting the surpirse box back after everyone had contributed and seeing the varied selection.

i agree...box 1 needs to go around twice..then box 2 can start. running 2 boxes at a time all over different places and people will get VERY confusing. lets not be too rushed...if were patient, these boxes can keep us busy for a long time....but if theres multiple lists and were getting a different box every week, i think the quality of the box will suffer. no need to rush.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My impression from reading this thread is that Box 2 would be separate and run concurrent with Box 1. Basically a different group who did not get signed up for box 1 on time (but with a few who are on both ??). I would strongly vote that both boxes go through the list twice before we reassess / create a new group etc.

GHo

Reaction score
BOX 2, BOX 2..... :slayer:

i was under the impression that Box 2 had nothing to do with Box 1. No Pantas, No K Wangs, just our own ties....

Maybe we should start a Box 2 thread as to not confuse the situation anymore?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I realize I only have a couple hundred ties to share, but come on... if you're going to exclude some members from box one, you really shouldn't pick and choose.

couple hundo?! good god man. im on my way to your house with my checkbook and amex. :lol::lol:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

BOX 2, BOX 2..... :slayer:
i was under the impression that Box 2 had nothing to do with Box 1. No Pantas, No K Wangs, just our own ties....
Maybe we should start a Box 2 thread as to not confuse the situation anymore?

so maybe someone should go on and start box 3 for low end ties, and a box 2 version 3 for bowties, and maybe a box#3 version 2 for pcoket squares. :lol::lol:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads