1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things your dumb friends post on facebook

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by musicguy, May 10, 2011.

1. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

"Good luck" in that scenario usually means not getting murdered, your house burned down, or framed for a crime eventually

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

I guess I forgot about getting framed for a crime. But other than that.

3. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

4. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

A tiny penis that women have.

2 people like this.
  5. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Even by your standards, that is shocking..

6. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

You think Conne is a generous lover? No way.

7. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

That's what your tiny penis is called

1 person likes this.
  8. Blackhood

Blackhood Well-Known Member

Just had a twenty year old acquaintance describe herself as a MILF. It is sad and true.

9. Neo_Version 7

10. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Is she a Mum???

In my hometown, some girls of 17 are pushing prams around town..:facepalm:

11. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Anyone ever looked into the lulu app? http://company.onlulu.com/about_us
    Facebook addon that lets girls rate dudes anonymously--I'd heard about it before, but it popped up in my newsfeed today (actually some girl posting a link to the "remove yourself" link for dudes).

I am curious...tried to sign up with a fake girl profile that I made back in college, but their filters for dudes/fake accounts picked it up. They must be fairly strict...the fake account doesn't have a ton of activity, but it has been established for years, has a handful of friends, some wall posts, some event invites/attendings.

It says you can see your stats if you download the app...but your "stats" are like..your profile photo and the number of girls who might have "favorited" your profile. I guess you can also see answers from your female friends about sex questions (like % who prefer "6+ inches" vs "just has to fill me up") but you can't actually see what people are saying about you.

I guess I will have to wait until I am hanging out with some of my female friends to see the results (and decide whether or not I should remove myself)...unless one of you guys have a female facebook in good standing (neo?)

12. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Also, if I were a chick, I would spend my free time making up terrible hashtags to rate dudes with...and then apply them to all of the random people I had one college class with and have never seen again.

#30secondsand3inches
    #whatsaclit
    #cheatedwithaman

1 person likes this.
  13. otc

otc Well-Known Member

So I asked my friend to install the lulu app.

It was kind of a weird experience. It was pretty clear that nobody I actually know is a user of this app. My profile strangely had ~5 views and had been favorited by 3 people, but the other guy friends we checked had no views at all. None of us had any reviews/hashtags. Sounds like the market is more for college girls and we are far enough removed (I'm 27) that the ladies in our life are not users.

But, there were a lot of peripheral people who had multiple reviews from girls (mostly former classmates and coworkers of the girl, some of whom I had met). It varied--some of them had what seemed like honest reviews. You would look at the rating # and it might make sense, and the combination of hashtags from the 3 or so reviewers would seem to describe the person (e.g. the negative ones matched up with known faults, the positive ones to known plusses).
    But then there were a few dudes who pretty clearly had spurned a lover. They might only have one review, but it was rated low and completely loaded up with all of the bad hashtags. Filled with stuff like #LiarLiar and #WanderingEye. On one hand, it is obvious that someone has a bone to pick...but on the other hand it sucks to have that kind of shit written about you anonymously online in a form you can't see (yet linked directly to your facebook for all women to see).

Overall though, it did seem like most of the reviews were surprisingly positive. This article kind of sums it up:
    http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/11/nice-girls-of-lulu-so-called-yelp-for-men.html

Hard to say how many of the reviews were from female friends just writing nice things about dudes (like hey, he's great, #cancook #changessheetsregularly). I can even see how ex's could write flattering things--I have plenty of girls where it didn't work out for some reason, but I think they would make a fantastic girlfriend for someone else.

Probably going to deactivate myself from the site though...its just too creepy. If you guys want to remove yourself as well, go here: http://company.onlulu.com/deactivate

TL;DR: Lulu is sketchy, but so far the ladies seem to not be abusing it too heavily (and odds are that your friends don't even use it)...probably still best to remove yourself.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  14. tagutcow

tagutcow Well-Known Member

Remember this girl?

Well this is what she's been posting recently…

:fu: :fu: :fu:

15. Neo_Version 7

But does she carry her own groceries through the door?

1 person likes this.
  16. otc

otc Well-Known Member

She's become a crazed couponer?

I sometimes see their little dark corner of slickdeals and it is scary.

The first one seems reasonable...I'd probably give it a try just for the sale of only paying 2 cents since you can't really go wrong with tuna and some pencils. But I guess that's how it begins, and soon you will be buying shelves to store the 5 year supply of laundry detergent...

17. Texasmade

Texasmade Well-Known Member

So she's no longer posting bikini pics of herself?

18. Neo_Version 7

If she's been chowing down on those packets of Mega M&Ms and Hershey's chocolate spread, I'd say it's for the best.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    2 people like this.
  19. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

i'm surprised no coupon freaks have showed up on my feed. I'll keep my eyes open.

1 person likes this.
  20. tagutcow

tagutcow Well-Known Member

Indeed, she's a couponer… not a super-couponer, mind you, she's not quite at that level yet.

This is what I fear. Who knows, maybe there will be more bikini pics forthcoming this summer. I really do think she's astoundingly cute/hot, and not just by Greensboro standards.