• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Sounds like an aspergers party.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
From around 1998? to maybe 2002, lasting until maybe 2008? - there was a rash of unattractive white female celebrities who were inexplicably popular, and I even witnessed guys call them 'hotties' - Julia Stiles comes to mind, a few of the singers around that time, especially Avril Lavigne, Miley Cyrus would be working at Wal-Mart and 50 lbs heavier if her dad wasn't famous, never understood the Lindsay Lohan thing, Paris Hilton has a dead eye - was the the best that white people could do at the time?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
images

Zachgranstrom

Reaction score

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

From around 1998? to maybe 2002, lasting until maybe 2008? - there was a rash of unattractive white female celebrities who were inexplicably popular, and I even witnessed guys call them 'hotties' - Julia Stiles comes to mind, a few of the singers around that time, especially Avril Lavigne, Miley Cyrus would be working at Wal-Mart and 50 lbs heavier if her dad wasn't famous, never understood the Lindsay Lohan thing, Paris Hilton has a dead eye - was the the best that white people could do at the time?

Lindsay Lohan is a slut but she is kind of prettyish..

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those people I see in New York City with Great ******* Dane's. There are so many things wrong with this picture it is sickening.
They either:
1) charge the damn thing rent
2) have gigantic apartments
3) Don't care that the dog would probably be happier not in a dense city
4) just want hot chicks to stop, pet the thing and give you attention
5) like cleaning up poop bigger than their own in front of people
6) all of the above

Theyre actually pretty good apartment dogs, as far as that kind of thing goes. They dont require, and really cant have too much exercise because of their ridiculous size. Completely different than a collie or lab or breed that really needs exercise.

I'd rather have a dane living next to me than the yapping little mongrel owned by my neighbor. If anyone has ideas on how to discretely kill this thing, please let me know...

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sounds like an aspergers party.

The author Bill Bryson made a connection between Asperger's Syndrome and the unfortunates who collect train numbers in his book 'Notes From a Small Island'.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Most of the time after a night of drinking/heavy drinking, I'll wake up hungover with a headache and I'll deal with it. But sometimes out of the blue I'll get super hammered, have a blast, and wake up FINE. Like today, I woke up and felt PERFECT. How does this happen? I didn't chug water or anything, nor did I binge or drunk food. I just passed out and I woke up totally coherent.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
you may have passed the required sleep threshold and overslept your hangover. For me, drunk food always works, even a small amount. Just need some fat and/or sugar to give my body to help it process the alcohol while I sleep, wake up feeling fine.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that can't be it for me.. i went to bed at like 4 and woke up at 8 in the morning. and no matter how long i sleep, when i get a hangover, it's there to remind me when i wake up (no matter how late). but anyway, last night was fun :slayer:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it might depend on what you drink. Now if I get plastered on Chinese lager I get a terrible hangover, but on the other hand if I drink baijiu or wine I'm usually OK the next day.

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Most of the time after a night of drinking/heavy drinking, I'll wake up hungover with a headache and I'll deal with it. But sometimes out of the blue I'll get super hammered, have a blast, and wake up FINE. Like today, I woke up and felt PERFECT. How does this happen? I didn't chug water or anything, nor did I binge or drunk food. I just passed out and I woke up totally coherent.

you may have passed the required sleep threshold and overslept your hangover. For me, drunk food always works, even a small amount. Just need some fat and/or sugar to give my body to help it process the alcohol while I sleep, wake up feeling fine.

its how alcohol is processed and eliminated from the system. you answered it right there: alcohol needs a certain amount of time to be eliminated - and in that case it was cleared out by the time he woke up.

alcohol is weird (only a few other drugs are eliminated this way) because it's eliminated from the body in a constant state regardless of concentration (called zero-order elimination).

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

that can't be it for me.. i went to bed at like 4 and woke up at 8 in the morning. and no matter how long i sleep, when i get a hangover, it's there to remind me when i wake up (no matter how late). but anyway, last night was fun :slayer:

Maybe you were still a bit drunk and didn't reach hangover yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads