• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

My brother shaves his hands...who the **** does that.

maybe he's a hand model?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Why not???

Neo is a famous buttock model..

but was it worth it, being a famous buttock model but having to go through all those ass firming/tightening procedures (specially after his art film/**** Appreciation phase)?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
According to a million different news stories I've seen over the last 24 hours, there is an actress named Amy Adams who performed the act of giving her first class seat on an aeroplane to a veteran. I don't mean to denigrate her act at all, but based on the fawning news coverage you would think she had donated a kidney or something.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

According to a million different news stories I've seen over the last 24 hours, there is an actress named Amy Adams who performed the act of giving her first class seat on an aeroplane to a veteran. I don't mean to denigrate her act at all, but based on the fawning news coverage you would think she had donated a kidney or something.

Not her fault. She did it on the down low. Someone on the flight saw what happened and Tweeted it out.
He father is a Vet so that was probably part of her through process as well as the service that the men and women provide...

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It looks like the powers that be are trying to get us all to say "futbol" I don't get it we already have a perfectly serviceable word for that sport.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But we have an extremely popular sport here that is called football. Why import a Spanish word into English (which is a loan word from English in the first place) that is so similar to "football" when we've got a word?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's not true, Finn. "Soccer" may not be the most popular term worldwide, but it's not exclusive to the States.

Also, we already have a sport we call "football." It doesn't make sense to inject ambiguity into our lexicon just to conform to other countries' norms, especially since everyone knows what "soccer" means when used by English speakers.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hand egg is called American football everywhere else and in England, where they speak English soccer is football, so it's only on the North American continent it's an issue.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Explain again how that means it makes sense for Americans to stop using "soccer" as the preferred term.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe it would be an acceptable compromise to call it "Dutch football."

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
as someone well versed in the ways of international diplomacy, it falls to me to suggest an acceptable compromise - we'll accept hand-egg for American football, and futbol can now be the accepted term worldwide, and you guys can all abandon this seditious thing you call the "metric system".

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads