• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I didn't turn on my heat once this winter. Maybe I have half a brain as well.

You don't need heat when you have Jesus in your heart to keep you warm.

Last edited:

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My ******* 50-year-old roommate prefers to set the thermostat in the summer such that the AC kicks in when it's above 80 degrees in the house.

WHAT IN THE ****?

I turned on the AC while he was out and the moment he got back, he turned it right off without even asking anyone about it. How do you even begin to compromise with someone who wants the house so ******* hot?

God I hate this ******.

You have a roommate? A 50 year old guy roommate?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Roberto Martinez (espn of soccer) is wearing a suit with a shawl lapel.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nope, a "lounge suit."

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I've seen a few killer examples of shawl collar lounge suits from the '50s and '60s, when they were in style for a moment or two. I've noticed the style showing up on sportscasters and game show hosts a couple of times over the last year or two.

Last edited:

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My ******* 50-year-old roommate prefers to set the thermostat in the summer such that the AC kicks in when it's above 80 degrees in the house.

WHAT IN THE ****?

I turned on the AC while he was out and the moment he got back, he turned it right off without even asking anyone about it. How do you even begin to compromise with someone who wants the house so ******* hot?

God I hate this ******.

I had a good friend back when I was much younger, and his whole family was like that. His dad had been raised in Florida almost entirely without AC, to the point where he didn't like it - when he went in to a building with AC he not only felt cold but felt like the air was "artificial" and just couldn't wait to get outside into the (ugh) hot, humid, sticky FL air. Needless to say, he raised his family like that - so it's what my friend grew up in. Although, since it was a more modern era, he was a bit more tolerant of AC since he went to school with it (his father didn't).

Still, we ended up being roomates for a while and he was the same way - felt cold if the temp was below 80 and preferred the air to be "natural" versus air conditioned. I mean like on an August night, when it's still 80 degrees outside and the humidity is 85%+, he'd want to sleep with the windows open. The sheets literally stick to you like that.

Needless to say, we haggled over it constantly and eventually parted ways. Lots of other reasons, but this was a big one of them.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We have a girl who insists on opening a window in the office "to let in fresh air." It makes the main part of the office feel like a rainforest and forces the rest of us to close our doors.

I don't get how she thinks there is fresh air in midtown
uhoh.gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads