• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I always suspected, but this confirms, you are a cretin.

A real Old Fashioned is exceedingly enjoyable and really let's one appreciate the bourbon. It's also one of the very original cocktails. Here's a true version:

2 oz favorite bourbon
.5 oz rich simply syrup
3 dashes bitters (the standard is Angostura but I use my own homemade ones)
nice strip of orange rind

Put the orange rind, bitters, and simple in a rocks glass. Muddle. Put in some ice, pour the bourbon over it, stir and enjoy.

An absolute classic drink.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's how I roll.

Well, you will like this. I have to be in Charleston WV this weekend to out process from the Army. There was some big chemical spill in the Elk River that contaminated all of the city's water. The official guidance from my line leader?

Don't shower and only drink alcohol. A poorly made martini with dinner it is!

Last edited:

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I see that everyone is having a grand time discussing the fine arts of mixology and imbibing, and I don't mean to derail the thread, but I really don't get women's taste in men at all. If you were to ask fifty different men what each one thinks of a certain type/look of female, you would surely receive varied replies, but there would at least be some level of consistency, whereas women are just all over the ******* place. Is there some sort of evo psych explanation for this?

Women can have one baby per year. If it takes months to test every guy to see which one is most compatible with her and thus produce the strongest baby, it is worth it.

Men can impregnate three or four women per night, their imperative is to try as many women as possible, thus a much lower standard; they have so much less to gain by being picky.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't know how to judge a Miami restaurant. Everything down there is so showy and overpriced. The food was alright, I suppose, but it's not like it was particularly inventive, unique, or extra specially well prepared given the prices. The menu reads about like your average steak house, with flashy dishes like Lobster Thermidor, which I don't think I've ever actually had, but the MARKET PRICE next to the item in a place like that scared me off. We had a wedge salad that was pretty embarrassingly bad, but my steak was fine and the apps and sides were fine.

But I just can't imagine ever spending that kind of money on food like that ever again. I mean, it was comparable to a decent experience at a place like Ruth's Chris, which is overpriced to begin with, and this was half again or double the money of even that.

That answers my question, thanks. More expensive Ruth's Chris is not a glowing endorsement, lol. I agree that almost all Miami fine dining is flashy and expensive, but there are some superlative places where you get something fantastic for what you paid for

Last edited:

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I see that everyone is having a grand time discussing the fine arts of mixology and imbibing, and I don't mean to derail the thread, but I really don't get women's taste in men at all. If you were to ask fifty different men what each one thinks of a certain type/look of female, you would surely receive varied replies, but there would at least be some level of consistency, whereas women are just all over the ******* place. Is there some sort of evo psych explanation for this?

Takes a lot less effort just to tell everyone you're a virgin.

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't shower and only drink alcohol.

I don't know, a really cold beer in a really hot shower is quite enjoyable. :happy:

Women can have one baby per year. If it takes months to test every guy to see which one is most compatible with her and thus produce the strongest baby, it is worth it.

Men can impregnate three or four women per night, their imperative is to try as many women as possible, thus a much lower standard; they have so much less to gain by being picky.

and.... there you go.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know, a really cold beer in a really hot shower is quite enjoyable.

I agree but it wouldn't be worth the chemical burns. Ended up staying in Morgantown (home of the Mountaineers where the water isn't contaminated) but still stuck to alcohol.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree but it wouldn't be worth the chemical burns. Ended up staying in Morgantown (home of the Mountaineers where the water isn't contaminated) but still stuck to alcohol.

haha.. yeah you know I was joking! Is Charleston affected? A good friend of mine lives there.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
haha.. yeah you know I was joking! Is Charleston affected? A good friend of mine lives there.

Yeah, Charleston is affected. A bunch of restaurants have already filed suits for having to close and they are likely to go class action. I saw on Twitter that Marshall's water supply is fine. Anyone with well water is also fine. It's funny that Army **** is always cosmically fucked up. On a one day out processing drill where everything should be smooth the city is in a state of emergency. Oy.

Last edited:

oxfordamerican

Reaction score
What is it with people who sign their posts, comments etc.? Are people really this self important, or do they not realize that their youtube/huffpost/reddit/username is directly to the left of the political rant/racial slur/mean spirited insult they just shared with the rest of the world? What the ****?

- Oxford

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score

Takes a lot less effort just to tell everyone you're a virgin.

Takes slightly more effort to come up with a halfway decent joke. Better luck next time.

I thought it was ok. Not Douglas level amazing, but it brought a brief half smile to my face........and he's right, you know.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What is it with people who sign their posts, comments etc.? Are people really this self important, or do they not realize that their youtube/huffpost/reddit/username is directly to the left of the political rant/racial slur/mean spirited insult they just shared with the rest of the world? What the ****?

- Oxford

When I make a really controversial post that gets the people stirred up, I sign it with my true-life name ain't afraid to stand up for my views. (My real-life name is Colt Heeuvenhuis. I am a Dutchman with views.)

oxfordamerican

Reaction score
I thought it was ok. Not Douglas level amazing, but it brought a brief half smile to my face........and he's right, you know.
1. No it wasn't. It was a lazy, cliched *************.

2. No he's not. Agreeing with the premise of a ****** joke doesn't make the premise any more correct nor the joke any less ******.

3. An ellipsis has three dots, not several thousand.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score

1. No it wasn't. It was a lazy, cliched *************.

2. No he's not. Agreeing with the premise of a ****** joke doesn't make the premise any more correct nor the joke any less ******.

3. An ellipsis has three dots, not several thousand.

So what you appear to be saying is that you didn't like it as much as I did. I think I can understand that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads