• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

kwiteaboy

Reaction score
The verb in French is "se doucher" as far as I know, so it's a reflexive verb. I always used "prendre une douche" when I was there.

I think writing this makes me a douche.

NB: dusj is shower in Norwegian, pronounced the same way.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwiteaboy
The verb in French is "se doucher" as far as I know, so it's a reflexive verb. I always used "prendre une douche" when I was there. I think writing this makes me a douche. NB: dusj is shower in Norwegian, pronounced the same way.
Another Norwegian? Mornmorn. Right now, the douchebag threads annoy me, particularly when they cause people I consider valuable members to leave this place.
plain.gif

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently saw clips of a documentary about a hospital treating wounded soldiers in Baghdad. There was a shot of a doctor placing an amputated arm into a plastic trash bag.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
I recently saw clips of a documentary about a hospital treating wounded soldiers in Baghdad. There was a shot of a doctor placing an amputated arm into a plastic trash bag.
Well, that's horrible, of course, but what did you expect? A full military part-burial?

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This ****** ass community college website that is horrendously arranged, has serious functionality issues, and wasted the last hour of my life is pissing me the **** off. It's bad enough that I can't even get into another ****** ass state school that I don't ******* want to go to, now this rinky dink piece of c. 2001 **** is trying to further exacerbate my humiliation. School must have been so much better prior to the popularization of the computer. The page that should, theoretically, display the e-mail address and telephone number of the relevant contact is a broken link. **** academia and **** me for my implicit support of this bullshit. I can't wait to receive my receipt for trading a few years of my life at the most geographically convenient apparel merchandising company that happens to hand out degrees on the side. Modernity has failed. **** you.

metkirk

Reaction score
Having 9 bucks in my bank account's pissing the **** out of me. I think I'm gonna sell all my wardrobe and quit buying clothes for a while.

vanity

Reaction score
This ***** in Chicago was walking her dog in the park and for some reason (probably by accident), some manhole cover was electrified and when the dog stepped on it, the thing got electrocuted. Ya, that sucks.

This got her SOOO UPSET and she's been all over the news crying her ******* eyes out over this dog. You'd think she lost her entire family in a car accident. She had to go to Northwestern Hospital b/c she didn't feel emotionally able to return home.

GOD. SACK THE **** UP.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity
This ***** in Chicago was walking her dog in the park and for some reason (probably by accident), some manhole cover was electrified and when the dog stepped on it, the thing got electrocuted. Ya, that sucks.

This got her SOOO UPSET and she's been all over the news crying her ******* eyes out over this dog. You'd think she lost her entire family in a car accident. She had to go to Northwestern Hospital b/c she didn't feel emotionally able to return home.

GOD. SACK THE **** UP.

I'd miss my dog more than some members of my family.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if that were my dog, I'd put myself on suicide watch for a week or so. What a horrible way to watch your family pet go. However, I probably wouldn't go on the TV news and sing my sob story to everybody though... that's what the SF is for
smile.gif
Lawsuit against city of Chicago in 5, 4, 3...

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quirk
As far as foreign pronunciations, it does grate me a little when people order a 'kra-SANNNT' in that stereotypical Noo Yawk accent. Years of French class put me in the habit of using the 'authentic' pronunciation, but in order to sound less pretentious at the local coffee shop, I eventually adopted a sort of middleground 'cruh-SAWNT'.

Americans trying to speak french (in an authentic way) is pretty much useless unless they can get rid of how they pronounce vowels, and especially "r".

I started speaking french quite young and currently live in a french city, and still struggle with sounding half decent. If I'm not around french people I don't pronounce words correctly (to the extent of my abilities) because I think it makes you sound like a pretensious loser.

I'd still die to hear Kenneth Pollock and his friends speak "french".

metaphysician

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist

+1.

I'm sure we could bribe some special-reciting, name-dropping waiter (or waitress) to tape record him...

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
Americans trying to speak french (in an authentic way) is pretty much useless unless they can get rid of how they pronounce vowels, and especially "r".

I started speaking french quite young and currently live in a french city, and still struggle with sounding half decent. If I'm not around french people I don't pronounce words correctly (to the extent of my abilities) because I think it makes you sound like a pretensious loser.

Trying to communicate is so much more important than this ego-driven insecurity bullshit whatever.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
It is midnight now, and somewhere within the huge apartment complex in which I live there is a dog barking like crazy.

arghhh

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads