• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apple raped me with a 10 inch marital aid.

I actually exited my AAPL position weeks ago because I thought they were going to miss earnings.. then I started to find evidence to the contrary and loaded up on shares today before earnings.

Well.. around 4:20 PM EST, I was sitting at my laptop, nervously watching the after hours price movement on AAPL and it would teeter totter between +- a couple bucks.. then all of a sudden, it dropped to -$30.

My heart sank.

It's okay though. I just wanted to win a quick buck by gambling on earnings. I still believe in AAPL so I'll hold onto my shares until year end. If anything, I might pick up more shares tomorrow once the market opens.

But damn..

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well AH numbers are...well...pretty useless.

You don't know how far down it will really open...although buying it seems like it was probably not the best idea. Actually buying it seems like it was a pretty stupid idea.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I made a bet. I lost.

Thought the lower iPhones sales was already priced in. Thought China sales of iPhones and the new iPad sales would counteract the lower US iPhone sales.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
So you didn't really lose, you have some unrealized losses. Don't pay that much attention to daily happenings as your portfolio gets bigger. By the time you're my age you'll gain or lose mid five figures on a daily basis if the market is volatile and you'll be going crazy. Do what I do. Put your scheduled deposits into a money market and make a big move a few times a year when you think things are ripe.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup -- unrealized losses. I always monitor my portfolio daily, at least 30 times a day while at work. It drives me nuts seeing the price movements as you mentioned. My biggest problem is I try to act like a day trader and like to ride out the bumps and take profits whenever.

I need to just stick to long only and fahgettaboutit because it's not good for my emotional health. I almost damn thought I was having a heart attack at 4:29 today right before the earnings released. Every time the AH price changed from green to red or vice versa, I read into it thinking some institutional investor knew something that I didn't and that they were dumping/buying massive shares before other investors reacted. Needless to say, I had around 42 mini-heart attacks watching that damn AH ticker. And then boom, within a second, it went from +$0.48 cents (w/e it was at the time) to -$16.43, to -$24.56, etc.

:(

The EVP on my project told me that he has over a thousand shares in AAPL alone. That's with a diversified portfolio. So he lost 5 figures today alone from AAPL.

My jaw dropped when I heard that. He likes to make fun of me and thinks I own 2 shares of apple, lol.

Last edited:

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's always nice to end a phone call with a business colleague with an exchange of mutual "**** you"'s

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Piobaire...I hope that is the case. Your either really old or have a job that pays well enough that allows you to save that much because if the market moves at worst 3% and mid 5 figures being 50k thats doing pretty well...I hope to be in your shoes as well but I really don't see it happening unless I make some moves in my life very very soon.

Ive have a decent chunk of changed with my broker and a decent amount collecting peanuts in a savings account. I think its time to take 10k from that and open an account with someone and do straight index funds and stocks with dividends...not look at it for months at a time. I just need to pick some of each and forecast them for a month or two to see how they do.

I would do this with my broker but he wants me to open an advisor account which would have fees of around 2k a year which I can't afford on my current salary. He would have to make about 8% a year just to break even...hes a good broker but ill take my chances with the index funds.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's always nice to end a phone call with a business colleague with an exchange of mutual "**** you"'s

i think that when i end about 75% of my business phone calls. i can't say it out loud - major faux pas in our "kind, gentle and respectful" corporate culture. wish i could though

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Yup -- unrealized losses. I always monitor my portfolio daily, at least 30 times a day while at work. It drives me nuts seeing the price movements as you mentioned. My biggest problem is I try to act like a day trader and like to ride out the bumps and take profits whenever.

I need to just stick to long only and fahgettaboutit because it's not good for my emotional health. I almost damn thought I was having a heart attack at 4:29 today right before the earnings released. Every time the AH price changed from green to red or vice versa, I read into it thinking some institutional investor knew something that I didn't and that they were dumping/buying massive shares before other investors reacted. Needless to say, I had around 42 mini-heart attacks watching that damn AH ticker. And then boom, within a second, it went from +$0.48 cents (w/e it was at the time) to -$16.43, to -$24.56, etc.

:(

The EVP on my project told me that he has over a thousand shares in AAPL alone. That's with a diversified portfolio. So he lost 5 figures today alone from AAPL.

My jaw dropped when I heard that. He likes to make fun of me and thinks I own 2 shares of apple, lol.

You can rest easy. They all know something you I both do not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads