• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People who don't maintain the subject line in emails...

This person compiles a report for me based on the results of a series of emails. Every time she sends me the report, instead of responding to one of the previous emails, she uses the email button in Acrobat so the emails subject line is "Filename.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Standard" and there is no longer any message history in the body of the email... Then if you try to sort things by conversation, you get everything leading up to the report but no report since the email software thinks it is part of a new string of emails.

Seems too nitpicky and micromanagey to tell them how to send an email, but it is kind of annoying that information gets lost because they find it easier to click the button in Acrobat than to reply to the email and attach the file (and this report is almost daily so its not just a one time annoyance).

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

People who don't maintain the subject line in emails...

This person compiles a report for me based on the results of a series of emails. Every time she sends me the report, instead of responding to one of the previous emails, she uses the email button in Acrobat so the emails subject line is "Filename.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Standard" and there is no longer any message history in the body of the email... Then if you try to sort things by conversation, you get everything leading up to the report but no report since the email software thinks it is part of a new string of emails.

Seems too nitpicky and micromanagey to tell them how to send an email, but it is kind of annoying that information gets lost because they find it easier to click the button in Acrobat than to reply to the email and attach the file (and this report is almost daily so its not just a one time annoyance).

Just tell her. No guilt in that. You could lead with some real compliments and gently mention that it would help you out a lot of she did it the way you want it

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I did not get a really good night's sleep last night. And here is the reason that happened: I decided to wear Anne Pliska edp as my bedtime fragrance. Well it turns out little Genevieve likes Anne Pliska edp quite a lot. At various points throughout the night I woke up to a cat licking my arm. (If you don't know, cats have tongues like sandpaper.)

I put butter on my mosquito bites and let my cats go to town.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My rommate is having a pitty party this week...

A little background before I expalin. He is one of the laziest kids I have ever met, when he comes home and the place is all closed up instead of opening the windows he sits in the heat and waits for me to come home 2 hours later when I then open them. He never cleans nor takes the trash out. And he smells every once in awhile...

okay so since we moved in 3 months ago he has put on some weight...pretty easy when you order out every day and dont work out. This week I come home from work and the fridge is covered in healthy food which he never eats...fruit veggies the works probably 60-70 dollars worth. He goes I am going to get cut...I roll my eyes "the food will go bad before you can eat all of it and if you want to do that eating fruit really isn't the best method."

Okay so hes making an effort I'll commend him but hes doing this because he is now overweight and feels unattractive. Why don't you work out then? Oh I forgot he is lazy and wont work out.

He watched the social network last night and texts me today...no matter what i do i will never be like mark zuckerburg...I am stuck in this accounting firm (hes been there for less than 6th months) On the way home from work he is going to barnes and nobles to pick up a coding book.

Here is where its pissing me off. He makes twice as much as me does half as much work and all he does is ***** and moan when he knew what he was getting himself into because he majored in accounting.

sorry for the rant

So it would seem like hes pissing me off but it wasnt till his pitty party this week that put me over the edge...id take his job in a second to mine. I would not trade looks or bodys with him though thats for sure.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Serious question: do you change your sheets daily? I dislike the smell of yesterday's fragrance on my bedding, so if I wear any during the day (which I rarely do), I will generally shower before heading to bed to keep it off the sheets.

I just put a little bit of fragrance on one part of my arm when I go to bed. (I've washed off the fragrance from that day.) I sleep rolled up into a ball--sort of like a cat, I guess--so my arm is always right up by my head. And so the scent doesn't usually get on my sheets.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my wife gets her direct deposit from work every other wednesday. her pay structure (1099, commission sort off) is kind of complex. i noticed this morning when i checked the online banking that her pay was to the cent exactly the same as last time. which is practically impossible.

so i told her to call and find out. turns out, the lady who does payroll is out for a month. their genius solution? just pay everyone the same as last time, and figure it out when the lady gets back.

SERIOUSLY! WHAT.THE.****?

thankfully my wife had a good pay last time, but i know that her next pay will get axed from the overage of this pay. and i have no idea to the tune of what amount. not to mention, what about the people who had a **** pay last period, and were expecting a good one this time? they are just fucked for a month? REALLY?

this company has 100+ employees easy. and they have 1 person who can handle payroll??

i just. dont. *******. get. it.

this may be one of the stupidest things i have ever heard of.

/rant

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
to be fair...I am pretty sure I would be able to handle payroll for a 100 person company all by myself...probably 200.

Of course I wouldn't want to do it so I would probably figure how much it costs to hire someone like Paychex which would be far easier and then I would never have to worry about going on vacation and payroll getting screwed up

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think that one person could certainly handle a 100 person payroll, but what i think i ridiculous is, that a company of that size woud reply on one old bag to be the sole handler of all its payroll.

even from a business standpoint, besides ******* over your employees, if they paid say $350K on payroll in a period that they only would have had to pay $300K, that is a horrible waste of cash flow. or it could be the opposite, or they dont need the cash in hand. either way, its a pretty marsupialed way for a decent sized company to deal with payroll.

i was disappoint to say the least.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads