1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

You need to explain to this person that blackmail is far more effective if you tell the victim what the blackmail information consists of.

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

THere is a chance of wintry mix here tomorrow morning. High only in the 50s. Some other ridiculous bullshit-ass weather in store for the weekend. We're basically in hell.

LOL. That's fucking awesome. Also, the lesson is, never get married.

Sorry to hear that acid. I was too young to know what was going on when my dad's parents died but just hearing about the BS makes it sound rough.

Also, kinda gotta side with Piob on this wrt Rambo. Sounds like he might be bringing this on himself.

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

In general, I prefer to avoid conflict because it interferes with the things I find important and interesting in life. It took me a long time to realize that for many people, conflict is what is interesting and important in life.

4. edinatlanta

I did the math, there is a good chance IS will have 50,000 posts by the end of May. Unfuckingbelievable.

ETA: Thank you, Mose Allison.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  5. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

that stinks. poor kid, and parents. thats never fun.

you should remedy that and improve your quality of life, or at least be in less pain.

whats the issue with the GG sizing, mang?

you wife sounds super cool. also, from this story it sounds like you two have a great relationship, i wish you many happy years together.

6. L'Incandescent

I tried that once many years ago. The taste was so awful that I almost was deprived of my nutriment.

7. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    Ugh. Everything about my relocation has been going surprisingly well, which has made me really happy. We found a reasonable place to live, movers for a great price, and so on. There has been some (predictable) stress, but nothing too bad.

Then came the time to choose my son's daycare. MrsG is suddenly incapable of making any decisions, and no place is good enough for our boy. We thought we had it narrowed down to two: One small one that is similar to what he's in now and one big one that's more of a "center." MrsG visited both, and still couldn't make her decision. Then, yesterday, we set up a "trial day" at the bigger one where LowerCaseG spent the day there to see how he likes it. It sounded like everything was going swimmingly, but then, when MrsG went to pick him up, she noticed that it seemed like he was having a complete meltdown and no one was attending to him. It sounds like he spotted her when she was walking in and got upset because she stopped in another room to talk to the director. Then, about five minutes later, MrsG went to get LowerCaseG, and he was in the midst of a complete freakout, and it seemed like no one was tending to him. She admits that she has no idea what happened in the five minutes - they could have tried to calm him down only to decide it was better to let him take some time on his own - but now she's worried that the bigger environment with more kids might mean he's not looked after well.

So, now I get to take the afternoon off and drive a fucking hour to look at the small daycare that, by all accounts, looks fantastic, but that she was lukewarm on because she happened to be there during "free play" time so she couldn't judge the level of interaction between the teachers and kids.

8. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

Yeah, the Zicam lozenge things are pretty rank. I just have a bottle of zinc tablets that I keep around for that purpose. I'll take one a day when I feel like something is coming on, and sometimes two when I'm in the midst of a cold. It's a less frequent than Zicam (IIRC Zicam is something like every four hours), and there's no nasty taste. The only downside is that it can make you pretty nauseous if you don't take it with food.

Some people say that the important part of ZIcam is that it dissolves and coats the throat or something, but the research I've read doesn't make a distinction in the efficacy of different administration methods. Plus, my anecdotal experience has been that zinc works, regardless of how I get it.

9. A Canuker

A Canuker Well-Known Member

I just noticed that half of the ties I own I never use which is good, bad and annoying as I suspect as much but was pretending that it was not the case. I came to the conclusion today as I didn't have a tie that I wanted to wear with the rest of my outfit and I despise not wearing one Mon-Thurs(most fridays also but I'm trying to be the casual guy). While I am certainly one of the younger guys in my office I hate how this generation has decided that a suit and no tie is fine (I would not wear a suit without a tie thus today it's a patch pocketed SC/slacks). The best part of this however was LC noticed the same thing and commented that I need to replace and refresh the collection.

Still I'm annoyed that I have let it come to this. Stupid first world problems.

10. in stitches

good luck, G. i have found choosing day cares to be a huge pain as well. i was so happy when my kids reached kindergaten and i could assume they will stay in the same school until 8th grade and maybe all the way through, providing they are happy in their schools.

11. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

I regularly wear a sportcoat without a tie, never a suit though, that just looks rediculous.

2 people like this.
  12. edinatlanta

So our building just sent out an email that a car (mine) was parked in a supposedly reserved part of on of the garages for "oversized vehicles." I drive an old-ass wagon.

There is no indication of any sort that any spots are reserved other than handicapped spaces.

Move my car, get back fire an email to the building manager informing them "There is nothing to indicate any spaces are reserved. My car is two feet longer than the vehicle next to it.

Please inform me if any other spaces are reserved."

Should have added at the end "because a survey of the garage reveals none are."

They even gave me a fake fucking ticket and I had some matches so I burned part of it so it would be visible what was up. It was very cathartic.

13. A Canuker

I see it all the time up here and it drives me crazy. I think it has something to do with the oil and gas being a large buisness sector here unlike banking/investments in other areas. This is ok if that is the area that you are in but I work in money management and couldn't imagine going into a meeting dressed like stuff didn't matter. Pin striped suit, three day stubble(cause the armani add did it), white shirt with a poped up collar and I'd love to invest your 8 million....give me a break.

14. in stitches

Same here, though i have seen some good looks of a suit without a tie. Parker recently posted one in SWD and it looked great. At least in my opinion anyway.

15. A Canuker

It can look good but not in a buisness situation, IMO. Linen suit while exporting crack to the US, perfect. Bold striped suit while closing hostile take over of widow's pension fund, not so perfect.

1 person likes this.
  16. smc

smc Member

Had to reply to this. Totally true. I'm in geoscience in Calgary, and I've gotten funny looks from friends for not wearing hiking boots to work every day in an office.

2 people like this.
  17. edinatlanta

So I keep seeing individual hairs in front of my eyes and after I comb my hair but I can't tell if my hair is actually thinning out. Doesn't appear to be any when I shower in the drain. Also, this started happening after my hair got so long it gets in knots and i have to comb fairly hard. I just want to know one way or the other.

18. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

A cruel joke indeed. I would have freaked out for sure.

19. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Same here. And to make it worse, I'm to busy to watch the NCAA tourney games. :fu:

inb4 "yet you're on sf."

20. L'Incandescent

It is your eyebrows I betcha.