• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know too much about Thomas or his adopted son, but am I the only one who's kind of :uhoh: at how dismissive, angry, and resentful he comes off as when talking about him?

It's honestly kind of off-putting. I'm not sure why everyone's like 'omg good job for putting up with him; you're the best!'

That's not the reaction I've had, at all.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

... and finally, drove my car when I was out of town and scratched the **** out of my passenger door. She tried to cover it up by using a "scratch stick" but those obviously don't work and then she just left without telling me anything...
tl;dr my sister's roommate is the worst person on earth.

Wow! I'd be furious if I were you. What made her think it was okay to drive your car? And how did she get your keys?

And what does your sister's roommate have to do with the story? :)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

My roommate, who is the best roommate in the history of roommates, has gone home for the summer. Filling his place is his sister, the devil incarnate. She is only spending weekends here but her welcome has worn out faster than a Usain Bolt 100 metre dash.
Over the past three weekends she has left rotting food all over the condo, brought home random dudes to ****, and finally, drove my car when I was out of town and scratched the **** out of my passenger door. She tried to cover it up by using a "scratch stick" but those obviously don't work and then she just left without telling me anything. I brought my car into a repair shop and it's going to cost $1500 to fix. Obviously accidents happen but she should be embarrassed by how she handles herself. My only respite is that she should be showing up either today or tomorrow and I am going to absolutely go off on her.
tl;dr my sister's roommate is the worst person on earth.

Wait, your roommate's sister, or your sister's roommate? :confused:

I don't know too much about Thomas or his adopted son, but am I the only one who's kind of :uhoh: at how dismissive, angry, and resentful he comes off as when talking about him?
It's honestly kind of off-putting. I'm not sure why everyone's like 'omg good job for putting up with him; you're the best!'

Thomas is a ******* saint. The amount of **** that that man puts up with is unholy. He has taken on a bigger burden than most people can even dream about. The fact that he still manages to be kind, funny, intelligent, and generally upbeat should be enough to nominate him for a nobel peace prize. I'd have murdered half the people in my building if I had to deal with 1/1000 of the bullshit he does. If he needs to come in here and vent a little bit, then he is more than welcome. But just because you don't know the story doesn't mean you get to paint him as some sort of bad parent. If you don't like it than you can just put him on ignore.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's hard to respond to this without coming off as corny, but so be it, I guess. What comes across in most, if not all, of Thomas's posts about his children is just how devoted he is to them and how much he loves them. He's voluntarily made his life much harder than it has to be--much harder than I've made my own life--in order to devote himself to kids who are very, very difficult. Loving those kids doesn't mean he doesn't experience frustration with them, and I don't think Thomas has a lot of real life outlets to talk about the really difficult side of what he does. When he expresses his frustrations here, I never get the sense that he's resentful or bitter.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Like I said, I don't know anything about him or his situation, but just from reading the last couple posts in this thread from him about his adopted son, can you see why I had that reaction?

I'm not passing any judgment and never did I insinuate he was a bad parent. Frankly, I was just worried for the kid. I remember crushing on girls when I was a little kid in puberty, and if I had found out that my dad thought I was a dumbass and never deserved to be with any of those girls, joking that he'd make sure I was a 25-yo virgin, I'd be pretty crushed. That's just mean.

Again, I know he's not serious about the whole cock-block thing. Not trying to stir anything here.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry. Roommate's sister. She drove me to the airport so I'm guessing she just assumed she could use it all weekend. Anyways, she just walked in but she's with a friend so I'm going to wait till the friend leaves.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I'm not passing any judgment and never did I insinuate he was a bad parent. Frankly, I was just worried for the kid.

Not to pick on you Froggy, but that right there is basically insinuating that he's a bad parent in some manner of fashion.

And god damn you Cupcake for being all eloquent and **** when all I wanted to do was write in big letters

[COLOR=FF00AA]SHUT THE **** UP!!![/COLOR]

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not to pick on you Froggy, but that right there is basically insinuating that he's a bad parent in some manner of fashion.
And god damn you Cupcake for being all eloquent and **** when all I wanted to do was write in big letters
[COLOR=FF00AA]SHUT THE **** UP!!![/COLOR]

I don't think or believe he's a bad parent, so, again, I'm not trying to insinuate he is one.

And when you type like that, I can't take you seriously.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

its a place to rant/vent... think about if your bosses read some of your previous posts in this thread... hell the rants alone about WAGs of SF members in this thread is mostly just to vent.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Broke another high-end mechanical pencil by dropping it on the floor and bending the tip. I think it's back to the ****** plastic things for me. :fu:
A couple of weeks ago I broke a brand new fountain pen the same way. I had just filled it with ink, and the next thing I knew it was bouncing off the floor, tip first. :fu:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

its a place to rant/vent... think about if your bosses read some of your previous posts in this thread... hell the rants alone about WAGs of SF members in this thread is mostly just to vent.

True. I'm just going to stop talking because I obviously don't know the entire situation and I don't want to incite other members.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wait, your roommate's sister, or your sister's roommate? :confused:
Thomas is a ******* saint. The amount of **** that that man puts up with is unholy. He has taken on a bigger burden than most people can even dream about. The fact that he still manages to be kind, funny, intelligent, and generally upbeat should be enough to nominate him for a nobel peace prize. I'd have murdered half the people in my building if I had to deal with 1/1000 of the bullshit he does. If he needs to come in here and vent a little bit, then he is more than welcome. But just because you don't know the story doesn't mean you get to paint him as some sort of bad parent. If you don't like it than you can just put him on ignore.

It's hard to respond to this without coming off as corny, but so be it, I guess. What comes across in most, if not all, of Thomas's posts about his children is just how devoted he is to them and how much he loves them. He's voluntarily made his life much harder than it has to be--much harder than I've made my own life--in order to devote himself to kids who are very, very difficult. Loving those kids doesn't mean he doesn't experience frustration with them, and I don't think Thomas has a lot of real life outlets to talk about the really difficult side of what he does. When he expresses his frustrations here, I never get the sense that he's resentful or bitter.

I think that the key is that thomas needs a place to vent - we are here a community of people that is great for this kind of anonomous venting.

Thomos has, vollantarily, undertaken one of the hardest things that a person can do, for no reason other than exces love and a desire to make the world a better place for some children who have nobody to love and take care of them. these kids are not easy to deal with. I'm lucky, my kids might give me a little grief, but they are pretty easy. in a lot of ways, Thomas is dealing with parenting mistakes and neglect that the children's biological parents carried out years ago. yes, the only term for this is a saint.

if Thomas wants to vent he should vent

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took my non narcotic muscle relaxers, which haven't messed me up all week. I am so fucked up I have no idea how I'm going to finish my shift...

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Took my non narcotic muscle relaxers, which haven't messed me up all week. I am so fucked up I have no idea how I'm going to finish my shift...

What's a non-narcotic muscle relaxer? Alleve?

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soma. I can't spell the generic right now. Gonna need to sit on the couch for a while before I'm good to drive I think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads