• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nobody ever takes me seriously. :brick:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's especially annoying when you are in the operating theater and the the patients life hangs in the balance as the sound of the respirator throngs through the room, ta-pocketa-pocketa-pocketa-pocketa-pocketa.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I could perform a microdiscectomy with my eyes closed but just because I look 17, it's not in the hospital's "best interest" for me to perform it on a high-profile patient. :brick: :brick:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I would strenuously disagree, except that might also look like not taking you seriously!

@Fang66: I enjoyed reading your post in the voice and cadence of a beat poet. It's a nice piece of work, whether you intended it or not!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

do sounds throng?

They throng, throng with the song of the gong how long will you forsake the truth? The repression, oppression, suppression are messin' with a mind born so pure, there's no cure. No cure.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would strenuously disagree, except that might also look like not taking you seriously!
@Fang66: I enjoyed reading your post in the voice and cadence of a beat poet. It's a nice piece of work, whether you intended it or not!

It's a paraphrase.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

God damn, I feel your pain.
Just the other day I was making travel arrangements for one of my subordinates. He's an older guy, mostly retired, but he still consults for us. I keep him on the bench and send him out on sales trips and more often technical support calls when I cannot or wish not to do them myself. The thing in my company (as you know Z) is that I'm the boss, but I started out as the junior guy and most of these folks are older than me and in many cases taught me much of the technical subject matter themselves. So I still sort of, in many ways, act like the junior partner, deferring out of respect for my elders as well as the training and mentoring they gave me. It's a nice, warm relationship and I think we both enjoy it.
But occasionally it pisses me off. Often I'll have fielded a customer call, need some help, and call him. "P, can you get to San Antonio on Wednesday? I've pulled up some flights and you'd generally have to leave by 7am and you can fly back either Friday night or Saturday morning, can you do it?" Problem is, I sometimes end up booking his itinerary, which becomes a huge PITA. He needs this, he needs that, do I have his frequent flyer number in there, etc etc. Sometimes he wants to take his wife, so I'm booking him and his wife a hotel in Taipei on his personal visa etc etc. And then there'll be a problem and because it's in Expedia under my account he can't get in there. Or he wants seat selection and it's not available unless I call, etc etc.
I mean, I love and respect the guy, but I'm the boss, not a travel agent. And just over the past two days I've had to do this. Booking flights for P and his wife.
:fu: :fu: :fu:
Travelling with people is annoying anyways. They want to meet for breakfast, you don't. They want this food and not that food (that you like). Or they don't know where they're going and are slowing you down. Just the other week I was travelling with another older colleague, not the same guy, and he apparently hasn't done a ton of int'l travel. So we're in Heafrow, which sucks to begin with and is confusing enough on its own, and he's looking for baggage claim signs. He wants to walk down some hall to see if there's a baggage claim sign there. I'm like "it says Immigration is this way, that's where we're going" and he's like "don't we have to get our bags first?"
:fu: stop slowing me down, follow, I know what the **** I'm doing, thank you.
Funny thing is that's the second time it's happened to me. Years ago, on a French Exchange trip in middle school, this girl tried to argue with me that we needed to go to baggage claim, not immigration. I was sort of de-facto leading the group of teens (we didn't have a chaperone on the flight itself) because I had a lot of travel experience. I mean, fortunately of course the baggage claim and immigration point you in the same direction but she told me, as an awkward teenage boy, that I didn't know what I was talking about in front of a bunch of girls and it was extremely aggravating at the time.

you ever heard of virtual assistants? they're pretty cheap.

douglas i think you need a break from work

Last edited:

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just saw the US premiere of the "Alice in Wonderland" opera by Unsuk Chin. I'm very, very happy about it, but nonetheless:
I'm not ashamed to admit that I can get a little bit weepy during certain scenes in operas (or movies or novels, etc.). Moreover, I don't get all indignant when others laugh at the opera during comedic scenes. But for the love of all that is holy and good in this world, I plead with patrons of the opera not to guffaw during the very parts that make me weepy. Just because you see the Cheshire Cat represented before your eyes does not mean you have to laugh at what she sings.

while there is absolutly nothing wrong with any of the above, it has to be about the gayest statment that I have ever read. not that there is anything wrong with that, I just am bemused.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you ever heard of virtual assistants? they're pretty cheap.
douglas i think you need a break from work

OBVI he needs to meet me for a nice schwarma lunch sometime next week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads