• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

To me, the bottom line is that traveling with anyone pretty much sucks, unless it's your wife or a close friend (and even that can suck).
Travel forces you to share personal time and personal space and personal preferences and is full of compromises and decisions you couldn't have anticipated. It's one thing to make those decisions and share that space with people you're totally comfortable with, or willing to compromise with. But with co-workers it's just agony. I hate it.

yeah, prety much. its also one of those things that everyone likes to think that they are good at, but that they really aren't very good at. the vast majority of times that I travel I am in complete control, the only time I am not is when I am traveling with my reports in their territory, because I feel its fair that they should then run the trip, and then it drives me nuts.

but such is life.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Goddammit, I am fixin to replace someone. Really, is checking your work just THAT outdated?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Goddammit, I am fixin to replace someone. Really, is checking your work just THAT outdated?

In my line of work, it's life or death.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just found a solution to the things that are pissing me off...

Whiskey.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^

It was a cold, hard ride, but I'm glad I've arrived.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
drive is gonna die on nas. lots of read errors. fack. need to replace it asap. i need to convert it to raid6. 5 is making me nervous. The trouble with a huge expensive nas is it takes another huge expensive nas to backup to.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can't find a damn apartment.

Today was the first time I have been able to see a unit that didn't already have applications in place (or that didn't cancel in advance because it was already gone despite me trying to see it ASAP as soon as I saw it posted)....and there were like 20 people there waiting.

Unit was OK...it was most of what I was looking for but I was kind of hoping my next place would have some sort of deck/porch/small back yard where I could have a grill and this place had zero. Place was also a little further out than I would like to be, but close to the train so the commute wouldn't be much different than other places I have looked at. Landlord seemed pretty sweet though...might have some other properties that fit me a little better. Unit was right in the middle of my budget.

On one hand, I am considering applying for it because it has been impossible to find decent things and the unit itself is good. There were a ton of other people but he doesn't do formal applications and I think I can win him over in the coffee shop discussions he says he does instead (also I make like double his stated income requirement, have excellent credit, and it would just be me while most of the other people were couples or roommates).

On the other hand Its probably stupid to take something thats not perfect when I am looking this far out. I am looking at units for 8/1 or 9/1 (willing to eat a month of overlap rent since it would save me the expense of the movers I would need for 9/1) and it is JUNE! You would think I wouldn't be running into mad panics to find apartments until at least July.

grrr...maybe I will just stay in my stupid current (garden) apartment...but one of these days I will have to create an extra savings account and pay myself additional "rent" every month I stay here just to condition myself to be used to paying a normal amount of rent (otherwise I will find ways to spend/invest it and never be willing to pay what a decent place should cost).

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ apartment hunting sucks. I've been meaning to move into a bigger/nicer place for a year but i'm too ******* lazy. All the travelling has hit my pocket book too so i don't mind putting it off in that sense, but my current place is now costing me more than it's worth and that kinda pisses me off.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just saw the US premiere of the "Alice in Wonderland" opera by Unsuk Chin. I'm very, very happy about it, but nonetheless:

I'm not ashamed to admit that I can get a little bit weepy during certain scenes in operas (or movies or novels, etc.). Moreover, I don't get all indignant when others laugh at the opera during comedic scenes. But for the love of all that is holy and good in this world, I plead with patrons of the opera not to guffaw during the very parts that make me weepy. Just because you see the Cheshire Cat represented before your eyes does not mean you have to laugh at what she sings.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear you liked it. I'm thinking about picking up tickets and taking the fiancee as a surprise before I leave, she's obsessed with Lewis Carroll and musicals... I wanted the review of someone trustworthy before I pulled the trigger, though.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm glad to hear you liked it. I'm thinking about picking up tickets and taking the fiancee as a surprise before I leave, she's obsessed with Lewis Carroll and musicals... I wanted the review of someone trustworthy before I pulled the trigger, though.

It's absolutely beautiful. It really is hard to overstate how gorgeous it is. There are some objections I have to the production on this one. In the Munich performances, the vibe was very, very dark throughout. Here they played it lighter, and frankly I think they sometimes played it for humor in a cheap way. The main body of the opera can be presented in a wide variety of ways, but the bookending scenes have to be played dark. The way they did it here, the transitions between light humor and dark were a bit jarring IMO. Also don't want to give too much away, but suffice it to say that I'm baffled at how the role of Dormouse was played. (Also baffled at how one small part of the Duchess' role was played.)

Also, Unsuk Chin is more beautiful in person than in her photos. She's really radiant.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even the "******" american version sounds like I'll enjoy it. Its a shame I can't afford a trip to Munchen... You really should consider creative writing, btw.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's a DVD of the Munich version. You can see it on youtube as well. I can't count how many times I've seen it, but the same parts make me weepy every time. Tonight seeing it live, there was one point where I was just bowled over by how beautiful it was. I caught myself mouthing the word "wow" a couple of times.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads