• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
congrats, at least you could styfo during the misery. :)

That's why I always choose my seat wisely - back row, end seat. :nodding: I observed a woman next to me on a news site.

I have a particular chair that I always go for in the large conference room where I work - it has a fantastic view of San Francisco Bay, so I can blissfully zone out while still looking attentive and interested.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's why I always choose my seat wisely - back row, end seat. :nodding: I observed a woman next to me on a news site.

I have a particular chair that I always go for in the large conference room where I work - it has a fantastic view of San Francisco Bay, so I can blissfully zone out while still looking attentive and interested.

you guise rock :slayer:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

and, this one class I took featured the worst presentation I ever sat through. This young lady got up, started on her title slide, and then started telling stories about these places she worked. I think she'd launched into her third story, all begun with "and, at this one place I worked...", when I whispered to a friend "and, this one time at band camp". We laughed, and she was pleased to think it was her story that caused our mirth. The happy ending to this story is that we were all subject to a firm 10 minute time limit, at when he flashed the one-minute-left sign, she panicked and hurried through her 20-odd slides in her remaining 60 seconds. It didn't end well for her, but we were (again) pleased.

In grad school, this guy did a presentation on a fairly advanced topic. His powerpoint consisted of links to websites. He would click on the link, then read word for word the stuff on the link. It got so bad the prof actually told him to sit down.

The sad especially thing about it all was that there were people in the room who were actual experts on the topic. I have no idea how the presenter didn't just explode from shame.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

In grad school, this guy did a presentation on a fairly advanced topic. His powerpoint consisted of links to websites. He would click on the link, then read word for word the stuff on the link. It got so bad the prof actually told him to sit down.
The sad especially thing about it all was that there were people in the room who were actual experts on the topic. I have no idea how the presenter didn't just explode from shame.

When I joined the company that I am in now, it was kind of an intern program for 2 years. We were placed in a rotation of different departments and had to give presentations on what we worked on while in each department to upper management and show how it fits in with the "bigger picture" and all of that stuff. Essentially it was a 2 year long interview, only about half the candidates make it through. Anyway, they tore us apart during these presentations. I hated every last second of it, but I am much better for having done it.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

When I joined the company that I am in now, it was kind of an intern program for 2 years. We were placed in a rotation of different departments and had to give presentations on what we worked on while in each department to upper management and show how it fits in with the "bigger picture" and all of that stuff. Essentially it was a 2 year long interview, only about half the candidates make it through. Anyway, they tore us apart during these presentations. I hated every last second of it, but I am much better for having done it.

Jeebus. We have something similar around here but on a much smaller scale. Every new hire has to give the sales pitch and basic product demonstration during the interview process, and we have to get certified on the corporate pitch and all of the different product demos before we can be customer facing, and on an ongoing basis. The certification demos are with my manager, our SVP, and several of my peers, who then have the opportunity to critique. HOWEVER, the team I work with is incredibly supportive and the critique, while thorough, is approached as a mentoring opportunity, not as a chance to rip people apart. Even during my interview presentation the comments were both thoughtful and genuinely useful - especially the reminder not to make jokes about Appreciation downloads during customer presentations, or job interviews :)

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a real life version of Angry Birds going on at my house.... these ******* swallows or sparrows have made these nests in the buttresses under the soffits and I got rid of them (the nests). Trying to discourage them from coming back I'm putting up chicken wire and have been spraying the hose at them to scare them away. Now they're all congregating outside and chirping and I'm sure they're plotting their revenge on me now! It's gonna be Alfred Hitchcock around here in a day or two I'm almost certain.

One or two I occasionally bring a Jamaican beef patty or something on days I know they're super busy and don't have time to get lunch, or the odd cigar.

wtf is a Jamaican beef patty and where can I get one? btw Liam as the cigar guy here, I got a few of these in Mexico last week... Quintero panetelas I believe... any good?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have a real life version of Angry Birds going on at my house.... these ******* swallows or sparrows have made these nests in the buttresses under the soffits and I got rid of them (the nests). Trying to discourage them from coming back I'm putting up chicken wire and have been spraying the hose at them to scare them away. Now they're all congregating outside and chirping and I'm sure they're plotting their revenge on me now! It's gonna be Alfred Hitchcock around here in a day or two I'm almost certain.
wtf is a Jamaican beef patty and where can I get one? btw Liam as the cigar guy here, I got a few of these in Mexico last week... Quintero panetelas I believe... any good?

Essentially the same thing as an empanada.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I actually have a funny story about Jamaican beef patties. Last year my girlfriend and I went to a pizza place. I noticed they had Jamaican beef patties and I was like, "Ohh man, I haven't had a Jamaican beef patty since college!" My girlfriend is like WTF is that? I pointed and shes like, "uhh those are empanadas". I never heard of an empanada, but she told me it is probably the same thing and they most likely call them empanadas at this place because all the people working there were Spanish.

So, the Spanish lady asks us what we want. I order two epanadas and point to them and she goes, "Those are Jamaican beef patties, WTF is an empanada?"

We both started cracking up.

Last edited:

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kinda what pB said, but they taste different. Spices taste more indian than spanish, and the outside has a different consistency. Its basically beans and beef that have been slow cooked and heavily spiced in a shell/pastry thing that looks like a calzone a bit but is made of corn and kinda flaky and greasy. I like them, and 2 of them will fill you up. for a buck fifty, not a bad deal.

Dunno much about the brand other than its a second or third tier Cuban, I've not had it. I don't tend to smoke a ton of Cubans, I generally prefer Nicaraguan. Probably won't be terrible though. I generally stick to Bolivar, some of the stronger Montecristo blends, Romeo y Julieta short Churchills and the Por Larranaga regionals, I really like the Asia Pacifico, when they're available, and when I feel like smoking Cuban stuff.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ :happy: that IS funny! ok... Jamaican empanada...gotcha. Gotta try one!

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just found out that I have to drive 3hrs tomorrow (on my week off) to go take a "random" drug test for work.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Just found out that I have to drive 3hrs tomorrow (on my week off) to go take a "random" drug test for work.

Well that sucks. Chugging the cranberry juice? ;)

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well that sucks. Chugging the cranberry juice? ;)

Ha, I'll be fine. I was in town YESTERDAY. They called me this morning.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads