• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

chrisjr

Reaction score
Shipping delays :paranoia: what's with the week long delay from shipping info received to accepted at USPS sort facility? And why is it accepted on Saturday night at 9:52PM?
Would have expected it to be here by now... looks as though it will be at least another couple of days to get past the border, get sorted in Toronto, and delivered to my home.

Your item was processed through our ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) facility on October 24, 2011 at 1:23 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Detailed Results:

Processed Through Sort Facility, October 24, 2011, 1:23 am, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Arrived at Sort Facility, October 24, 2011, 1:08 am, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Processed through USPS Sort Facility, October 22, 2011, 9:52 pm, KEARNY, NJ 07032
Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility, October 22, 2011, 9:52 pm, KEARNY, NJ 07032
Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 14, 2011

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The family cat has been noticeably unwell lately. After a couple of days of scant eating, she went to the vet. Vet said she had lost 3 pounds pretty rapidly and took some bloodwork. Found out today she likely has a tumor in her digestive tract. My parents are putting her down tomorrow.

She was never a friendly cat, though she was comfortable around me. It's a bit sad but she is 12 and had a nice long life.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

The family cat has been noticeably unwell lately. After a couple of days of scant eating, she went to the vet. Vet said she had lost 3 pounds pretty rapidly and took some bloodwork. Found out today she likely has a tumor in her digestive tract. My parents are putting her down tomorrow.
She was never a friendly cat, though she was comfortable around me. It's a bit sad but she is 12 and had a nice long life.

Sorry to hear this. Both of our dogs are getting old and I am dreading the day they get put down.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score

Sorry to hear this. Both of our dogs are getting old and I am dreading the day they get put down.

I put my dog down in April. I was the last one in the room with him as they put him down. Was a terribly sad day.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My mom called me when I was in college to tell me that the cat that I loved and grew up with had been put down. She was 21. Just to think I was washing my then year old raw denim jeans for the first time and listening to "Say it ain't so" by Weezer when I got that call. Terrible day.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all of the pets i had as a kid met untimely deaths. i wont have one any more partially for that reason.

chrisjr

Reaction score

My mom called me when I was in college to tell me that the cat that I loved and grew up with had been put down. She was 21. Just to think I was washing my then year old raw denim jeans for the first time and listening to "Say it ain't so" by Weezer when I got that call. Terrible day.

one of the worst days of my life, losing the portuguese water dog i grew up with. thought about getting his paw tatted on my calf but common sense prevailed. still miss that guy a ton.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Oh my God. I'm such a dumbass. I just made a $275 mistake. Advice: Copy your keys and give them to someone before you lock yourself out of the place you just moved into 15 minutes ago.

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

one of the worst days of my life, losing the portuguese water dog i grew up with. thought about getting his paw tatted on my calf but common sense prevailed. still miss that guy a ton.
Losing my German Shepherd five years ago was one of the saddest days of my life. She was 16, and her time had come. My current dog brings me immense joy, daily, but I still miss my GS.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oh my God. I'm such a dumbass. I just made a $275 mistake. Advice: Copy your keys and give them to someone before you lock yourself out of the place you just moved into 15 minutes ago.

I did that when I moved into my place. I ended up having to ask my neighbor to allow me passage through her apartment, out the window, into the fire escape area and into my window (luckily it was unlocked).

Congrats on your new place.

Last edited:

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score

I did that when I moved into my place. I ended up having to ask my neighbor to allow me passage through her apartment, out the window, into the fire escape area and into my window (luckily it was unlocked).
Congrats on your new place.

Thanks. The place next door is under renovations, so they had scaffolding set up about 6 feet from my window on the 3rd floor. I considered climbing it and punching the window screen out because I left it open, but I decided I could have killed myself. I think I also got taken by the locksmith. He said he was going to try to pick it, and that it would cost 1$50, and if that didn't work he would drill it for $250. So he tried to pick it, but I'm guessing he probably failed to pick it on purpose so he could drill it for an extra $100. Drilling it literally took 15 seconds. I should have told him no drills whatsoever, and he probably would have magically found a way to pick it and that would have saved me $100.

**** me. New Yorkers are outsmarting me.

Last edited:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
dammit. Another accounting exam, and this time I am genuinely worried about the outcome. I thought I understood the material well enough two weeks ago, but I missed class last week and now, the more I look at it the stupider I feel. So I'm going to stop reading now.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've written two accounting exams in the last two weeks. They're a real *****. What accounting is it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads