• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I'd thought of doing a 1 button shawl collar jacket last year, it's def something that will probably happen in the near future.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for answering my previous question.

Do you still plan to produce some sort of coat? The time is coming where I'm on the lookout for a winter coat, but if you're planning to start offering them soon I might wait and see what style they are.

rilian

Reaction score
I'm in SF, and second the idea for Thick as Thieves to take a tour to the Bay Area. It'd be wildly popular. If travel costs are an issue, you can charge each customer a fee for the measurements. I'm sure many guys would pay a little extra to get the assurance of correct measurements the first time around. At least, I would.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
For right now the coat is in limbo, primarily due to cost to make. I want to keep it around a certain price point. I have an idea on how to keep it at the price point I want (about the same as a suit) without cutting any corners but I need to figure out if that's going to be worthwhile

I am going to start making shirts size S-L (maybe an XS too). They wont be mtm but I get a good amount of requests about a proper shirt (most requests are for white) to wear with suit. So ima start with a solid white shirt that can be worn with the suit, it'll be small collar'd and minimalistic. I'm fashioning the fit after the Ben Sherman "soho fit" shirt which imo is one of the best OTR fits with a perfect proportion from neck size to shoulder to chest to body. Price will be under $100 of course. This will probably be sometime late fall, early winter

^^I think I might do an SF trip at some point and see how it goes. Wont be too much of a cost and I can visit my sister if no one shows up

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so how would the shirt fit compared to BoO because this is something i would totally be interested in, but because of my shoulders and chest a L in BoO fits a tad tight in those areas, so i wind up with an XL.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
It would be similar to BoO A-body

differences comparing Med to Med (speaking hypothetical since there are no actual shirts yet)
-BoO med has about a 16" neck, mine would be around 15 3/8 (in between 15 and 15.5)
-shoulders about same 17"
-chest about same 20.5" across pit-pit
-body 18 3/8" across (BoO is a few hairs shy of 19)
-sleeves 34" standard (can be shortened if needed)
-longer length (the white shirt is meant to be worn with suit and tucked in)
-about the same armhole and sleeve width

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
It would be similar to BoO A-body

differences comparing Med to Med (speaking hypothetical since there are no actual shirts yet)
-BoO med has about a 16" neck, mine would be around 15 3/8 (in between 15 and 15.5)
-shoulders about same 17"
-chest about same 20.5" across pit-pit
-body 18 3/8" across (BoO is a few hairs shy of 19)
-sleeves 34" standard (can be shortened if needed)
-longer length (the white shirt is meant to be worn with suit and tucked in)
-about the same armhole and sleeve width

thanks, i have always been stuck in-between sizes with everything when it comes to shirts and this looks like it might be about the right fit for me with a few minor adjustments...

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
For right now the coat is in limbo, primarily due to cost to make. I want to keep it around a certain price point. I have an idea on how to keep it at the price point I want (about the same as a suit) without cutting any corners but I need to figure out if that's going to be worthwhile

What style of coat will it be, if and when you decide to go ahead with it?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
it would be a 3 button crombie 3/4 length coat

I'm working on a double breasted "casual" grey flannel jacket right now, I really want to make some more tailored casual geared items so this is my first foray into that.

if it works out it will be something like this:
-hit just below belt line
-wider lapel with throat latch that can button (this part may or may not happen)
-6 x 3 buttoning (maybe 8x4)
-single functional button at each cuff
-bronze colored mother of pearl buttons

It's gonna look really cool and very wearable with jeans. maybe. hopefully. We'll see by mid-later fall.

**edit....I was playing around with sketches and it;s evolved into something totally different that I think will be better, so the casual jacket is going to be totally different from above ^^

Kris

Reaction score
Just chiming in, if you come up to the Bay Area to host some measuring, I will definitely be there and will buy a suit. Being skittish about measurements is why I haven't bought one already. I can offer the conference room at my work in Oakland as a venue, if you need a place.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I was to have any influence at all, I would ask you to produce something like this.
23mr8zo.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
The double breast jacket is on short hold

I'm more feeling this new idea that sprang from it....if it turns out well enough then it'll give me a good foundation for the DB. If it's too bizarre for you guys then it'll give me more push to work on the DB so it's all good

that ^^ jacket is a short peacoat, which is a bit different than the idea I had, but i guess it's in the same ballpark

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads