• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Today I'm rocking

Thomas Pink pink end on end shirt

3x1 Biker jeans

Summer is seemingly over in UK - I had to wear my shearling jacket to go to the doctors yesterday :-(

I need to go and live in LA - don't need a coat or jacket most of the year - although I've invested in a J Mendel mink/shearling jacket earlier this year that should see me through several seasons...

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Hirsh is there a reason you switched from blue to pink?

Yes, some of my oldest blue shirts wore out, and Thomas Pink had one single model of ladies' shirt they were low on stock on, reduced from £79 to £29, with free next day postage (worth £6) if you spent over £100!

So I bought 4 identical shirts for £116!!!(worth £346!)

So I'll just wear them until they drop - helps justify the next bespoke ones I'm planning for next year!:)

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casual work fit:

all Common People apart from Loake shoes. I don't see much Common People on here - very similar quality, and cut, to Oliver Spencer and nearly all made in England.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

epic meetup demands a 3-way fit pic with stitchy in full cm, spope in full spope and synth in a middle-ground fit
while doing the covering ears, eyes and mouth poses

If only. Sigh.

Awesome. This shot is worthy of 50+ thumbs.

...but because stylefoam is so dead, I predict 39.

Thanks, man. I think this was better pre-edit tho.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great wall and fantastic color on the jacket, MoK. Loving your fits as always.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Casual work fit:

all Common People apart from Loake shoes. I don't see much Common People on here - very similar quality, and cut, to Oliver Spencer and nearly all made in England.

next time, swap the loakes for common projects, then stand in the house of commons while listening to common on your headphones

kashmir

Reaction score

Casual work fit:

looks good MoK. How's common people's sizing? L for 42 suit size?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great wall and fantastic color on the jacket, MoK. Loving your fits as always.

Thanks.

next time, swap the loakes for common projects, then stand in the house of commons while listening to common on your headphones

Common People make shoes too, but they're only 'okay' and not made in the UK :)

Man of Kent is winning the wall contest as of mid-summer. 

You probably don't have many that date back to around 1400 ;) Built on Roman Foundations from around 280 AD

looks good MoK. How's common people's sizing? L for 42 suit size?

I'm a measured 43" chest (typically take a 44" suit, occasionally 42) and an XL in Common People is a good but pretty slim fit on me. Trouser wise they're pretty typical i.e. about 1" over tagged size.

Last edited:

mbaum

Reaction score
epic meetup demands a 3-way fit pic with stitchy in full cm, spope in full spope and synth in a middle-ground fit
while doing the covering ears, eyes and mouth poses
You have not yet seen the EG meet up coming up … stay tuned ….

Casual work fit:

The variability and versatility of your fits is killing me. I can't keep up with the thumps. So well done!

Mike

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Man of Kent is winning the wall contest as of mid-summer. 

I feel like the older European countries have a plethora of awesome walls, and the US, not so much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads