• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GoYouNU

Reaction score
Not sure how well I'm pulling this off - sport coat, jeans, and a 1/2 zip sweater. The sweater causes a little pulling at the jacket's waist but I can accept that. Thoughts?

Johan

Reaction score

Margiela raincoat :)

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure how well I'm pulling this off - sport coat, jeans, and a 1/2 zip sweater. The sweater causes a little pulling at the jacket's waist but I can accept that. Thoughts?
Looks better undone anyway (more relaxed, which fits better with the jeans).

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Oh! I do like to be beside the seaside
I do like to be beside the sea!
I do like to stroll upon the Prom, Prom, Prom!
Where the brass bands play:
"Tiddely-om-pom-pom!""

Christys
Kapital
Tenderloin
Tenderloin
RedWing

Moonchild

Reaction score
Last wednesday in the (authentic and preserved) french medieval village, Pérouges . . .
I'm a sucka for old cities and cold grey stones...
(sorry for the ****** iPhone pics)

long linen knitted cardigan / cowl neck cotton jumper - All Saints
Wool-cotton blend drop crotch trousers - Mihara Yasuhiro
Grey brushed leather shoes - Margiela
random paperstraw hat

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

There's only one thing that Streetwear hates more than polo shirts. And that's the 1/2 zip sweater. Switch to regular neck sweater -- or none at all -- and you're good.

Last edited:

GoYouNU

Reaction score
There's only one thing that Streetwear hates more than polo shirts. And that's the 1/2 zip sweater. Switch to regular neck sweater -- or none at all -- and you're good.
Huh. I had no idea 1/2 zips were a problem. Today I learned. Glad I asked before stepping outside. Thanks!

Moonchild

Reaction score

i co-sign the half zip thing. Not a fan and its too casual to wear it over a shirt)
Is it a suit jacket (worn as "orphan jacket") ? or a blazer? either jacket it's a little too long as well
The color mix is quite nice but the zip sweater kills it both style-wise and color wise (too dark to complement the whole -colourful - outfit)

GoYouNU

Reaction score
i co-sign the half zip thing. Not a fan and its too casual to wear it over a shirt)
Is it a suit jacket (worn as "orphan jacket") ? or a blazer? either jacket it's a little too long as well
The color mix is quite nice but the zip sweater kills it both style-wise and color wise (too dark to complement the whole -colourful - outfit)
It's funny how quickly it became obvious to me that the zip was a misfire. I agree on both charges; a mismatch in formalness and color. I'm foregoing a sweater altogether. And it's a sport coat - a Zegna crossover street jacket. The OCBD and jeans are J.Crew, the shoes A.E.. I understand how the jacket looks a tad long in the photos but the back just barely covers my rear - any shorter and it would be a problem in the opposite direction.

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gonna need a better pic of that Lemaire cardigan @gettoasty

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Huh. I had no idea 1/2 zips were a problem. Today I learned. Glad I asked before stepping outside. Thanks! 

There are endless things people like and dislike for absolutely no reasons whatsoever… welcome to Style Forum.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really think 1/2 zip sweaters are something that could look supercool if done well, for example in a peir wu outfit

It's basically the futuristic alternative to a turtleneck

I want to believe

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics