• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Do you have thick legs? I think a thinner denim (think APC weight, and yeah yeah, I know) in a tighter cut would define your silhouette more - this is not even about a styleforum fit thing, just something I've noticed from your fits that I've seen. Wear the second from top button on your shirt buttoned to give a tad more visual height/structure up top, wear the shirt tucked in and the pants slouched more to keep them out of your crotch, and get the fit of your jeans closer to the legs. Perhaps low-top shoes as well, as high-top vs low-top on us guys under 5'10 really do benefit from the extra inch that jeans hitting over the shoes get when you're wearing lows as opposed to highs.

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mattt
Killer fit vonWitzleben, love the shoes.

Here's my boring fit for today. Day 2 with the KMWs, wish I could have sized down one to 28s.

fit6.jpg

Pshhh copy cat

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*snip*

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a little baggier than SF-approval, but i'm sick of really tight shirts. Upon review, that's also a pretty awful representation. Lemme see if i can rustle up a better picture.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
KZO t-shirt
Mr. Olive bracelet
Julius cords
W+H boots

nice cords, lovely boots, stand up straight please
Originally Posted by as_
I was fearing just as much. But goddamn, the jacket cost me $395, and that puts a hole in my wallet on a student budget. Too late to return it now, though.

And yeah, shoes are garbage. Brown or black shoes with a charcoal suit? I'm going to get a pair of wingtips sometime this week.

don't spend $395 on a Jcrew suit. You should be able to find it on discount at least.

Hell, for that money you could get a made to measure thick as thieves.

Originally Posted by g transistor
It always weirds me out when I see really young dudes try and wear wingtips, unless they're boots and are green or something. You look like you're 19, and I think tips would look dumb on you.

wingtips are fine. longwings, maybe not so much.

Originally Posted by vonWitzleben
WAYWT-MargielaxDiorxComey1von1-1.jpg

Margiela, Dior (broken twill), Rachel Comey

******* perfect.
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
My fiancee won't wake up to take a picture of me so I'm just doing it myself. I feel like I've waited too long to post a WAYWT, because I can't stop thinking what outfit I would debut with. This one isn't the greatest TBH, especially since I'm using my phone and it's one of my sub-par outfits, but I'm tired of waiting.

Top - Zara Man
Jeans - Marc Jacobs Coated
Boots - Clarks Sand Suede
Unseen by flash - super jewish star of david pendant

Be easy on me!
laugh.gif

Going to class now... ciao

Wake up your fiance! no point in photos like these, we can't see anything.

Originally Posted by snowmanxl
quick fit pics of this Deluxe polo i just received in the mail yesterday. i bought it just before the "polos are ****" flame war
blush.gif
I still think it fits me well, opinions? it has some very nice details (shawl collar, buttons have a raised diamond pattern and feel really nice when buttoning, stripes, etc...)

undo 2 buttons. need to see whole fit.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
as Magician said....definitely not "traditional" TB but the jacket fits you perfectly nonetheless. where did you get it and how much? i want one.
do not listen to noobs who tell you to cut the tag off. it's a white patch. same as the four MMM tick marks which NO ONE on this forum actually cuts off. no one knows who the F thom browne is anyways. its standardized placement across most of his garments enforces his recurring concept of uniformity; which is one of the more awesome aspects of TB.

thanks a lot man it means a lot coming from you! I take inspiration from your stuff for sure. I got it for $399 at the Barney's sale, it's from the "affordable line" and I think that's possibly why it isn't a traditional TB short/skinny fit. I won't be cutting the tag because honestly the way it's stitched on leads me to believe it isn't meant to be cut.
thanks to everyone else for the compliments/tips as well!

c00kz

Reaction score
Matt, you might stand to benefit from a couple consecutive hot soaks + some time in the dryer, and possibly a hem.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as opposed to...?

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
vonwitz making me want Rachel Comey's and Dior jeans even more.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, good stuff. That sweater is just perfect in fit and length for the intended look, and I love the color of those jeans too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads