• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
img92121.jpg

jil
apc new cure
ps

img92181.jpg

ss
apc new cure
ps

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahk1979
you post too much!

shirt is a little big in the shoulders and looks larger because of my poor posture. it's linen so its meant to be a little loose.

ok. it still looks like **** whether it's meant to look like **** or not

also those glasses don't suit your face

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clothing donation day, I finally purged most of the stuff in my closet I don't wear. Most went to Goodwill, some got a last minute reprieve for re-consideration (my Lacoste polos
facepalm.gif
) and some will eventually wake its way onto the B&S here (shirts and selvage, yay).

Before the fashion police shoot me down for the t-shirt+blazer faux pas, I'm not wearing a blazer. It's a lightweight jacket and the only one I have right now for the warm-ish weather (trying to find an EG USN Shirt Jacket kind of thing, to no avail). However, looking at the pic I probably should have thrown on a OCBD instead of the tee. Oh well.

dscf1512y.jpg

ahk1979

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
ok. it still looks like **** whether it's meant to look like **** or not

also those glasses don't suit your face

ok, thanks.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
actually undershirt is bad, but jacket looks good and the lower half is perfect. aeglus are those the skull 5010's that you were too big to fit into before?

My Skulls fit a little like these, but I think I can pretty much give up on the Skulls for now. These are black coated 3sixteens.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahk1979

Was this a shirt that was too big for you that simply shrank in the wash? It looks both too big and too small at the same time. It almost looks like if you were to roll your sleeves back down they still wouldn't reach your wrist.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
ok. it still looks like **** whether it's meant to look like **** or not also those glasses don't suit your face
You're nuts. The shirt fits well. Don't you use "my outfits are supposed to look like this" as an excuse as well? And to be fair, it's a lot lot easier to avoid criticism and keep confidence in your fashion sense high when you intentionally dress over the top and almost bad on purpose in a way. When you do things that some people can kind of relate to, you make yourself a lot more vulnerable. Not that one way is right or wrong, but it's tougher in a way. I remember back a few years ago no one here or sufu could really tell the difference between a good and bad gothninja or workwear fit. Now people have a better point of view on it. I think i've seen him post that same fit a few months ago but full view and it looks good slouchy like that. The outfit would look kinda strange imo if it fit like BoO, or shipley or jcrew.The glasses look fine on him and he's squinting strangely. Stick to critiquing clueless noobs like the rest of the majority so it's easier. Ahk looks awesome in both pics despite making a superunflattering picture face ahk- shirt and jeans in 2nd pic our legacy i'm guessing? Nice s/s look on both ends. Still searching for good light jeans like that but might break down and just buy those our legacys eventually edit: nvm

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
regardless of that not being a blazer, it doesn't look great. also did you button only the bottom button wtf

he's wearing a 3btn i think.

ahk1979

Reaction score
@ Chrono... thanks! Yeah jeans and shirt are both OL. You should get the light wash petit standards. That cut seems to fit you well.

@ Dr Huh?... sleeves are rolled a bunch of times and are plenty long enough when down. shirt has only been dry cleaned and hasn't shrunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads