• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
biggskipp the W+H ocbd isn't slim enough to tuck in - way too much fabric in the waist. honestly it's hard to find a shirt that's gonna look really good both untucked and tucked. dress shirts are usually slimmer in the waist and much longer.

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the higher rise pants, when worn right above my waist, makes what appears to be my crotch sit lower. by making the perceived crotch lower it looks like my torso is longer and my legs are shorter.

the boots are Bally.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so about slim fit dress shirts, how do you avoid the small ripples between buttons when worn tucked? is that a sign that the shirt is not slim enough in the waist?
i find that it may not be the case and has more to do with how tight the waist of the pants are.

bows1: professional fit with that TOJ

Last edited:

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think with reedo is he needs to stop taking his photos off of mirrors the mirror already messes up your portions. then you add in the camera and angle yea it starts to get bad.

also if you want a slim fit blazer it usually means you don't plan to layer i also learned this the hard way so now 2 blazers 1 is just a button up underneath the other layer whatever.

the w+h probably looks painted on because they are still brand new most likely.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wish this was above the pic, i stared for 12 minutes wondering if you went cross-eyed since last fit. you're still my handsome bandit :inlove: fit would be better if you wore pants rather than sprayed your legs blue but never mind, the clarks aldens gonna look good cant wait to see you break them in
lol sipang's comment ...

Yea, I didn't have the patience to take another shot. Not giving 110% I guess. Aldens gonna up my pimp game 1000% tho

And Sipang, Couldn't agree more ;)

dfagdfsh

Reaction score

so about slim fit dress shirts, how do you avoid the small ripples between buttons when worn tucked? is that a sign that the shirt is not slim enough in the waist?
i find that it may not be the case and has more to do with how tight the waist of the pants are.
bows1: professional fit with that TOJ

what do you mean? if your buttons are pulling the shirt is too tight.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^not sideways pull. there is no pulling at all, but from the front and side POV, there is a slight bump usually near where the shirt meets the pants when tucked in. its like a slight roll as if the shirt is coming out, but then forms a slight fold.

e.g. the shirt tucked into pants is not "flat" but comes slightly out.

i've been meaning to take a photo...

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
i mean a shirt is never going to fit perfectly flat and wrinkle free...

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^not sideways pull. there is no pulling at all, but from the front and side POV, there is a slight bump usually near where the shirt meets the pants when tucked in. its like a slight roll as if the shirt is coming out, but then forms a slight fold.

This is the **** that will drive you insane. There is no "perfect" fit that is sustainable through the various things you do throughout a normal day.

Boognish

Reaction score

Lol, 2400 posts, and you find shirt tucking to be a mind boggling?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
all these photos online has me fooled.
yeah that **** bothers me like no other when in the office

i find myself in the restroom adjusting it (5)

edit:
the red line :fu:

Last edited:

Nikolo

Reaction score

Slowing coming to the conclusion that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Therefore, this post will have several fits all featuring the same w+h OCBD and Buttero boots. Looking for feedback to see what (if anything is working) and what parts of the silhouette need work.
1. APC NS w/o tuck
100_2690-1-1.jpg
2. APC NS w/ tuck (yes, ******** up and wore a black belt with brown boots, my bad)
100_2691-1-1.jpg
2a. APC NS w/ tuck and blazer.
100_2692-1-1.jpg
3. Shades of Grey tweed trouser w/o tuck
100_2687-1-1.jpg
4. Shades of Grey tweed trouser w/ tuck
100_2688-1-1.jpg
5. BB twill Milano fit trousers
100_2685-1-1.jpg
5a. BB twill Milano fit Trousers w/ Blazer
100_2694-1-1.jpg
6. Filson whipcord pant
100_2684-1-1.jpg
Just for comic relief, this photo showcased "zombie eyes" better than any of the others.
100_2682-1-1.jpg

Do I see a puggle in 6?

miran

Reaction score

Yea, I didn't have the patience to take another shot. Not giving 110% I guess. Aldens gonna up my pimp game 1000% tho
And Sipang, Couldn't agree more ;)

Madonna! No. Please, no. Aldens? No, no, no. Already there is enough problem...no humungous boots now. It will be the final spark to totally blow the roof off with your fits. Skinny jeans...beanshoot tapers... and then crowning glory (or bottom glory, rather): giant mushrooms on feet? No no no.

Reedobandito, there are many problems, but we can ignore the hall of mirrors Alice-in-Wonderland M C Escher effect of your photos and the crazy iphone camera lens optics and still, there are many many problems. Let's solve one problem at a time. The biggest problem is you have too much going in a single fit. Colourful shirt, with bold pattern, under Chunky sweater...with pattern...but with a colour that clashes with the shirt...under Tweed blazer...with leather embellishments...with a totally new clashing colour....with fancy trousers...but with a different pattern...and a colour clashing with eveyrthing else....no. no. For you, Less is more...forget the Alden for now.

Incidentally, Alden is becoming all the rage in Europe, among the 0,001% that can afford them...

Last edited:

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bows those pants are almost hendrix level....i think the colour throws it off. a rougher textured gray would look way nicer w/ the knit imho. MDR looks awesome.

reedo - there will come a day when you will regret having so much tightassed pants. you will but on an outfit - nice fitting stuff all around, then you look at your pants and will cringe :(. just wear stuff TTS and it will still be fitted, but not painted. having started and progressed your style seemingly entirely through sf (assumption) i see it transitioning through aesthetics a lot faster than it would "naturally". qed you are going to not like your stuff so much come next year :(.

nocamerafit:
plokhov tanker pants
sasquatfabrix pimp jacket/black cotton knitted tshirt
mr hare black winter boots

why is it in a "professional" setting you arent allowed to wear jeans, but your middle aged female coworkers can dress like lesbian hikers (or i can wear pants w flapping straps) and nobody says anything? sursly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads