• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Only the finest crushed velvet adorns the sodomy room of my starfish palace

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nemuine
Adadan, how is the quality with the Baron Wells shirts?

I've got five Baron Wells shirts, all from Gilt. I'm really happy with the quality. I've had to reinforce, from what I can recall, 3 buttons total in the five shirts. None popped off, just had threads that started to unravel. No other construction problems.

James_M

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adadan
First post. Forgive the poor photo quality, was a bit rushed trying to catch the waning sunlight...
vGbJH.jpg

unbuttoned:

BHEIC.jpg

Edifice
Baron Wells
MJK
Herbert Schier

Knock yourselves out...

Quadrophenia.jpg

Looks good. I like the jacket but the pants might be cropped a bit too much.

adadan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by James_M
Looks good. I like the jacket but the pants might be cropped a bit too much.
Thanks! Yes, just hemmed this pair, and might have gone a little too far. They are now probably the most cropped pants I own, which is one thing that led me to break out the vellies/desert boots.

Love the Quadrophenia. Mod bottom half was pretty much non-intentional, but that look was definitely an early influence.

ALEN003

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Adam24
btoj01.jpg
bt01.jpg

TOJ + Zara*2 + Acne + Givenchy.

They've been beaten to death by Montreal's winter, the patent coating is slowly falling apart, the suede is calcium-tainted, the soles are fading away.. but they've been the best winter beaters I could've hoped for. I'll miss them once they completely fall apart. (bought used for 100$ because Givenchy isn't a SF/SuFu-approved brand):
giv01.jpg

jacket looks great man

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P5022088.jpg

great jacket and I like how you matched your ensemble with the background

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
Great fit, jwied. I've seen you post that Isaora jacket several times before and I really like the looks of it. Is it warm? I'd love to pick one up this fall for cold Chicago winters.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
why are u guys going in so hard on SVB? also why would u want everyday to be a sunday? sunday is the worst day of the week.
Haha, no it is fantastic. You wake up late, watch TV in bed, stumble down the street for an awesome brunch and proceed to get afternoon-drunk in defiance of and with utter disregard for the fact that you may or may not have to be in the office/court the next day. Also, Sunday is outdoor activity day. Great for stuff like going out on the ocean or tearing up the hills in an unreliable mid-70s Italian convertible (probably skip the mimosas at brunch if you're going to do the latter). Seriously I do not understand why more people don't get this. --- adadan: great first poast

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
why are u guys going in so hard on SVB?

also why would u want everyday to be a sunday? sunday is the worst day of the week.

Agreed personally, that day feels mad weird.

Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Haha, no it is fantastic. You wake up late, watch TV in bed, stumble down the street for an awesome brunch and proceed to get afternoon-drunk in defiance of and with utter disregard for the fact that you may or may not have to be in the office/court the next day.

Also, Sunday is outdoor activity day. Great for stuff like going out on the ocean or tearing up the hills in an unreliable mid-70s Italian convertible (probably skip the mimosas at brunch if you're going to do the latter).

Seriously I do not understand why more people don't get this.

---

adadan: great first poast

CALLED IT.

James_M

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adadan
Thanks! Yes, just hemmed this pair, and might have gone a little too far. They are now probably the most cropped pants I own, which is one thing that led me to break out the vellies/desert boots.

Love the Quadrophenia. Mod bottom half was pretty much non-intentional, but that look was definitely an early influence.

Clothing aside I thought there was an overall resemblance to Phil Daniels hapening.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

someone had to do it

[ll]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads