• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I agree, but why do you think this is? Since the average MC age is older, perhaps they are less fearful of the possible ridicule associated with sporting the "wrong" look? I found it interesting how some of the MC guys said they thought SW&D was hyper critical. I have to admit, sometimes this forum feels like being back in high school again. Kop the wrong brands, wear jeans with the wrong wash, wrong cut, etc and you will be made fun of (sometimes mercilessly). Often this forum creates it's own reality that has little barring to the opinions of the outside world. There is a huge desire for many members to seek approval of the group since they spend such a large amount of their lives here. Yes, I feel somewhat contaminated by even visiting here and attempting to fit in. That's what's refreshing about the MC guys posting here-- a group of outsiders to shake things up.
+1,000,000
Originally Posted by NOBD
Another MC'er climbing over the fence... Thought I'd give it another try after last week's challenge outfit. Jeans and jacket are the same. This is basically what I wear every day: jeans/cotton trousers, shirt, sweater, jacket, and suede shoes, sometimes sneakers. The challenge outfit was my snow outfit—hence the boots; I thought those were more SW'ish... I was wrong. I have no idea how monks are looked upon here, but I think they're great, from jeans to suit. (Forgive me for not using the right clothing terms; I don't know how to do SW&D language (if there is such a thing) and I'm not a native speaker.) Oh, and I read some of you don't like detail pictures—I do. Okay, here goes:
01totaal.jpg
02details.jpg
Be gentle.

IMO, Looks great.
Originally Posted by Synthese
I almost put on trousers so that I could join AR's competition, and then I thought, "nah."
gYDaTl.jpg

I think this looks cool too. I love the jacket and don't mind the sleeves one bit.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
Looks p. bad Eason. The **** is with those pants.

lEGj1.jpg

I think I was wearing them a bit too low. But what the **** is with those pants? And hair?
uhoh.gif

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
9tgw74.jpg

Since you already have fashun-y slim lapels on the suit, why not go all-out and taper and hem the pants? I say go big or go home.

Originally Posted by slack tide
464a27a2.jpg

8519a311.jpg

Nice, from what I can see. What's the cardigan?

lEGj1.jpg

Maybe it's just the angle, but the jacket looks ridonkulously short. The pose is pretty fey (this may have been your intention). Too much pocket square showing, and it looks like a weird fold/shape (from what I can tell, but it could be the angle again).

Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Right now the only real problem is the wash on those jeans, though.

Yeah, everybody knows your supposed to have, like, eight pairs of identical raw denim that never show significant fading because you're always rotating them and kopping new pairs for your collection. (8)

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Yeah, everybody knows your supposed to have, like, eight pairs of identical raw denim that never show significant fading because you're always rotating them and kopping new pairs for your collection. (8)
Oh we've finally hit raw denim ubiquity backlash? Let me readjust my SF hype cycle meter. I still think the jeans would be better if they looked darker or even lighter. They fit great, but I'm just not a fan of that inbetween neon-y blue, though color settings on the photo might be adjusted to accentuate the color more (speaking in particular to the bottom-right photo).

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Nice, from what I can see. What's the cardigan?

Thanks, the cardigan is w+h chabanel fleece fw'10. The shirt is a gant rugger double weave

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going to withhold further MC commentary until the contest. Brought out my costume today - gun club jacket and wine trou. Yeah, I got a lot of pictures. That's how we do in MC. Deal with it.
laugh.gif
In line with SW&D Rules: BB - coat Boss - shirt BR - tie Target - bar and links Charles Tyrwhitt - trou Stuart McGuire - shoes Viccel - socks Citizen - shoes AE - belt
5202321289_ca741dec7e_z.jpg
5202321621_75ba48ffd0_z.jpg
Am I crazy, or are there some navy threads in this weave (along with black)?
5202321961_1263c06bc1_z.jpg
And my self destructing vintage shells have been fixed (for now) with shoe goo and lots of conditioner.
5202322535_98a86bb23e_z.jpg

James_M

Reaction score
Looks p. bad Eason. The **** is with those pants.

lEGj1.jpg

I know 'you have a punchable face' used to be a popular criticism around here but in this case I'd say you have a punchable everything. You're at Queens? Don't venture too far North of Princess in that getup.

You've done some decent stuff in terms of what you're going for but this one requires some re-evaluation. Also, have you put on weight?

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^do you tell people they're punchable in person? I suggest you try.
Originally Posted by luftvier
I am going to withhold further MC commentary until the contest. Brought out my costume today - gun club jacket and wine trou. Yeah, I got a lot of pictures. That's how we do in MC. Deal with it.
laugh.gif

5202321289_ca741dec7e_b.jpg
Am I crazy, or are there some navy threads in this weave (along with black)?
5202321961_1263c06bc1_z.jpg
And my self destructing vintage shells have been fixed (for now) with shoe goo and lots of conditioner.
5202322535_98a86bb23e_z.jpg
You have a lot of redundant pics luft (I'm guilty of this sometimes but not MC level guilty). Fixed it for you, citizen taken out because no one cares about that watch. Also you should try not to go above 800 pixels in height or width (I try to stay at 6-700 max).

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think that Listi's look is pretty ******* awesome right there. Seriously. Really trashy, and that's supposed to be a compliment.

The MCer's are looking mostly good too, albeit a little more conservative than some people on this side of the board would prefer
blush.gif

However, there is some seriously ridiculous unnecessary hate/criticism/nitpicking being thrown around by people who probably should...um...shut the **** up, but politely.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had to wear a suit today. I think the jacket might be a tad too long. Thoughts are welcome.

P1050534.jpg

Or tell me to GTFO & I'll just post casual fits here
devil.gif

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Urban Composition's pics remind of The_Foxx--he still post?

I think luftvier's latest is awesome, minus maybe the tie. But jacket/trou/shoes are great and fit well. But then I'm a closet iGent.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I fixed my hair before I went out guys, you all know my hair is solid. The fit is obviously ill-proportioned to a hilarious degree, lighten up :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads